fizz/brittle sounds w/ 5.0?

eda123

Inspired
All,

The dynamics knob is amazing. I set it at about 50% and the feel is incredible-- the bounce, tube like feel is great.

But I also hear a distinctly brighter, fizzier, almost harshness to all my patches (after initializing them to 5.0 of course).

Anyone hear the same? Any ideas on getting around it?

After switching amp type to something else and then back, have you tried adjusting the MV? One some of my light breakup patches there appear to more gain from MV in V5 than in V4 which made them sound harsher with until I turned down the MV.

Also, if you don't like the way it sounds with the dynamics that high, turn it down. I like mine set much lower.

some amps IMHO have become distinctively "fizzier" with 5.0. but I assume that's down to redone and more accurate models. the Cameron for example is way "fizzier" than it ever was (and I never complained about fizz). having said that, if you listen to an original Cameron (there are plenty of videos out there if you can't find one in person), it's a really "fizzy" amp. or as Cameron describes it himself, a Marshall with "more hair". most amps in 5.0 are even more accurate now, so I'd guess the "fizz" on some is part of that.

btw. I run my Dynamics on 25% and Motor Drive "off".

Thanks guys-

Phostenix -- thats an old thread. My post stated this is something in 5.0, which just got released.

Steverosburg-- i think thats it. When i lower the MV and increase the gain, its improved, greatly. but still slightly there.

Java-- i do see this even with the dynamics down. What i mean to say is-- love the dynamics part of 5.0. But dont like the increased fizz that comes with the FW as well. I hear it when i turn dynamics and motor drive off.

Ill give it more time and just lower MV's on my patches and readjust.. the few i just tried it on made a pretty good difference.

Pic #1.jpg
I am constantly A/B-ing my AXE FX II with my Egnater Tourmaster....and altough the AXE FX sounds INCREDIBLE in my studio, when I play live with the 2 Atomic speakers, my sounds are really wirey....I am using the Redwirez Amp IRs as well....when i use my Egnater, my sound is nowhere near wirey....I don't know how to fix this issue....It's definitely not a treble issue....And I have noticed that the Tweeter knob on the Atomics really make my sounds more wirey.....Any feedback would be appreciated!

No

All,

The dynamics knob is amazing. I set it at about 50% and the feel is incredible-- the bounce, tube like feel is great.

But I also hear a distinctly brighter, fizzier, almost harshness to all my patches (after initializing them to 5.0 of course).

Anyone hear the same? Any ideas on getting around it?

Back
Top Bottom