Five Finger Death Punch - Solo Lead Tone

MAC1

Anyone have any ideas of how to replicate the solo lead tone for Five Finger Death Punch? Seems like it is roughly the same tone across albums, but using Bad Company or Hard To See as examples. Love that tone - sounds so full, maybe a tight delay or even an octaver? Any ideas regarding amps, cabs and effects are welcome!

Anyone have any ideas of how to replicate the solo lead tone for Five Finger Death Punch? Seems like it is roughly the same tone across albums, but using Bad Company or Hard To See as examples. Love that tone - sounds so full, maybe a tight delay or even an octaver? Any ideas regarding amps, cabs and effects are welcome!
The amp is a Diamond Nitrox I believe

Hard to See is one of my favorite all time solos. Jason almost certainly played that using his JCM800 and Boss super overdrive. I'm not sure about the guitar though since that would have preceded his M4 Sherman.

He was probably using his ESP George Lynch. He was/is using this Guitar a lot and there is plenty of footage on YouTube to see that (only for Recording though). Live it was all about Gibson Explorer. Im also pretty sure (like GlennO said) that he was using a JCM800 with a Boss Super Overdrive. That seems to be his go to setup.

Back
Top Bottom