Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker

Jipps0525

Power User
Any opinions on these? Recently got GAS for this guitar:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SN1kHTLFB--esp-ltd-sn-1000-ht-fire-blast

Comes equipped with two fishman modern fluence humbuckers. More of a H S S guy but this finish just has its pull over me haha. I’m reading these pickups have a second voicing. Curious to know how well these pickups can do a good clean/blues sound like Jimi or SRV or some funk. All the demos I find online are more for metal sounds and very few clean demos. Anyone have any insight?

I love mine! I have them in an ESP Eclipse. I am a metal dude and I would say it does crystal cleans quite well! I think
I actually enjoy the active neck voicing compared to the passive neck voicing for cleans.

I am not the best judge for edge of break up tones as I either stay fully clean or heavily distorted 99% of the time, but from what I've experimented, they seem to handle it just fine? I think the passive voicings work better for that.

275563744_328780545951744_8529694062153589400_n.jpg

Curious to know how well these pickups can do a good clean/blues sound like Jimi or SRV or some funk.

I’m a Fluence fan. I have several guitars, with a variety of Fluence configurations. The high gain and Strat-style pickups are all really good, in my opinion. So are the “classic” humbucker-style pickups. Just all-around really good PUs.

Hey there

You can mod these if you add an extra pull pot. I have these with 3 push push 25k pots (from ernie ball usa) and wired with this diagram.. really great tones with voicing 1 and 2

These PU'S are awesome... you will like them

Cheers

Screenshot_20221204_221642.jpg

I really dig ‘em and feel they do what they advertise with the two voicings as far as actually sounding/feeling like active vs. passive, but you’ll probably be disappointed if you‘re really intent on the fat Strat sound from them. I have the Devin Townsend set which has a 3rd setting, passive + split coil and while it sounds pretty good, it’s still nothing like a single coil in the neck or the 4th position on a Strat.

I really dig ‘em and feel they do what they advertise with the two voicings as far as actually sounding/feeling like active vs. passive, but you’ll probably be disappointed if you‘re really intent on the fat Strat sound from them. I have the Devin Townsend set which has a 3rd setting, passive + split coil and while it sounds pretty good, it’s still nothing like a single coil in the neck or the 4th position on a Strat.
Yeah I figured haha really wish this guitar came in H S S

Or grab one of these. I use this in the studio when I need to change things up, and I love it. All analog. https://keyztone.com/product/exchanger/
Hey there, that is one real cool pedal thnx for the tip.

You can change pickup sounds with the fractal without this pedal, Leon T. made a video how he does that. Couldn't find a link so I will edit this post and add the link later.

Cheers

EDIT:

Last edited:
Any opinions on these? Recently got GAS for this guitar:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SN1kHTLFB--esp-ltd-sn-1000-ht-fire-blast

Comes equipped with two fishman modern fluence humbuckers. More of a H S S guy but this finish just has its pull over me haha. I’m reading these pickups have a second voicing. Curious to know how well these pickups can do a good clean/blues sound like Jimi or SRV or some funk. All the demos I find online are more for metal sounds and very few clean demos. Anyone have any insight?
I have never used those PU, but let me say that the guitar is lovely! ♥️

I wasn't able to bond with Modern's SC sound so I swapped them for Abasi's. IMO, much much better SC tone emulation, I am actually enjoying it quite a lot and find it quite similar to my G&L legacy pickups (however, in Abasi set it should be close to Tele neck actually).
I will try to install Modern's back again within the next month to try again, but I remember I was extremely dissatisfied with their SC emulation - until I tried Abasi's.

Please note they are SO HOT, that you will always have a dirt tone on almost every clean amp in Fractal. And not a pleasing one! It is quite harsh.
So if you are looking for SC tones, it is fine, but for HB - prepare to re-do all your presets. That's my experience at least...

Back
Top Bottom