First Violin Lesson

MKeditor

Experienced
Who would really desire to hear someone's first lesson on a violin? That would be a bit odd unless it was your kid...and even then it would be a gift of love to endure that. That's why it seems odd to me that why anyone would be interested in all these "First" threads someone's first attempt at something. Someone who has spent a lot of time and is proficient that created a patch or recording would be far more interesting to me.

But hey! People put up with my threads stumbling through technical problems.

Probably wouldn't want to hear audio from the first lesson, but would definitely be interested in hearing about the lesson. I picked up violin a few years back, thinking it would be an easy study because of my guitar background. Boy, was I wrong.

For a most people, posting one of their early patches is an actual lesson in itself. For the most part this forum is populated by very helpful people, who are more than willing to give up their own time to listen to your first tentative patch attempts/recordings and offer constructive criticism - practical suggestions as to how (in their opinion of course) the efforts you have put forth could be improved upon. There are countless threads here to demonstrate that. Many times by the end of the thread, the OP has experimented with some suggestions, tweaked a bunch more, and made some significant progress. The things they learned by posting that first effort - warts and all - will help them with the subsequent patches they create. It's all part of the learning process.

Everyone loves stumbling across well crafted, killer sounding patches on the forum that work well for them and their style/equipment, but everyone has to start somewhere. You know that that 1st day Axe user who posts the horrid sounding UBER-BROOTALZ-SUPER-MORBID-CHEESE-GRATER-OF-DESTINY patch? Who is to say that they won't, after some suggestions, encouragement and a bunch more experience, end up posting some patches that you personally find very useful someday??

EVERYONE has a 'first attempt'. Not everyone dares to post it - but it seems to me the majority that do are simply (and understandably) excited by their new Axe-FX, and just super eager to learn more and improve their skills... as soon as possible!

Very good points. I definately don't want discourage people's enthusiasm. I almost didn't post after reading what I wrote. I should have just deleted it and moved on. Please disregard.

Back
Top Bottom