First Try on REB Beach Sound.

Stevelow74

Inspired
NAILED?!?!?! First Try on REB Beach Sound.

Hello Hello Helloooo!!!!

Finally I had the time to take a try.

This is the tone form the Live 2007 DVD.
To me it sound good (just a little fuzzy, if someone can help me on that one)
For the rest remember I'm using the same guitar and pick... but the fingers are wayyyy diffrent..... unfortunatly....

Enjoy!!!! I did!!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!

Attachments

• Reb v4.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
O.K., I gave your Reb preset a try and for my guitar there was quite a bit I needed to change …. Obviously YMMV and you might want to stick w/ your version, or make even more changes !

Here’s what I did:

DRIVE BLOCK – I know that Reb is using a Fulltone OCD ( not sure what version ), so I changed the Drive to an OCD simulation that was floating around the forum ….

AMP BLOCK – I’m not necessarily a fan of the Brit JVM, but there’s no direct model of his CAA OD-100 SEPlus’s ( now converted to PT-100 specs ), and besides other than the Whitesnake live disc, I’m not sure he’s ever recorded w/ the Suhr’s ?!? In fact, I’m pretty sure that everything has been either his Shur “modded” Marshalls, or on the latest Winger CD’s it was actually a Marshall Plexi that Kip bought from Paul Taylor ! Sooooo, I left the Amp Block alone ….

GATE BLOCK – I’m a pretty sloppy player, so I added a Gate Block to quiet everything down ( ISP Decimator, side-chain gating ) ….

CAB BLOCK – Reb’s favorite cabinets are a couple of older MESA ( oversized ) 4 x 12’s that are loaded w/ V30’s ( those were in his instructional DVD ). So, I changed the cabinet to the 4x12 Cali, as I think that’s the closest, plus I really LOVE that cab anyway ! I added an 57 Dyn, ‘cause that’s about all Reb mics with ! I added a low-cut @ 100hz and a little bit more Proximity ( cause Reb loves his bass ). I also included a little room ( but no AIR ), because it felt a little too dry and stale ….

DELAY BLOCK – I changed it to be the same as Mark Day’s Digital Stereo delay, frankly only because that’s my favorite ….

REVERB BLOCK – I changed it to the PCM-70 simulation that Cliff came up with for the Ultra ( same reason as above ) ….

View attachment Reb Beach V2.syx

I’m using a PRS CU-24 w/an Aldrich Pickup in the bridge ( not a KOA guitar w/EMG’s ), and to me the true Reb tone comes out when he’s tapping ( which I CAN’T do ), so I’m not sure this is dead on. But, I jammed a couple of Winger riffs ( Blind Revolution Mad & Hungry ), and they sound pretty close w/ my guitar …. Again YMMV ….

Have fun !

Sounds good, I changed the eq to get more mid/bass sound! Thumbs up!!
Where did you find the osd simulation? I can't find it....

I think it goes WAY back to the old version of the forum ... ? There was a thread that folks were posting settings to copy popular pedals, etc; I was not able to find it time after time, so I began cutting and pasting my favs into a word.doc ....

There were two versions of an OCD, here they are:

Settings for a slightly overdriven sound w/the FullTone OCD:

TYPE: Plus Dist
DRIVE: 1.38
TONE: 1.50
LEVEL: 8.43
SLEW LIMIT: 7.36

For a more heavy overdriven sound w/the FullTone OCD:

TYPE: tube drive
DRIVE: 3.03
TONE: 5.94
LEVEL: 7.83
SLEW LIMIT: 5.35

Last edited:
I'm not sure ..., I might have done the intial tweaking before updating, but then double checked it with the latest version before I uploaded it ....

The reason I say that is because I thought it was a little "wet" and thought I should dial it back but then reconsidered because I was in a hurry ....

:D Love the reb beach re work, very cool very 80s very Rebby, I was totally transformed for a while singing (in my head) shes only 17 (cool tricky guitar intro by the by which I was mimicking at best) my only complaint too compressed, but I tried to add a compressor to decompress it and ended up squashing or killing my ears, I still cant figure those things out!

Back
Top Bottom