First Time w/ Verve 12Ma

TonyGring

Inspired
Just a quick one here. I got my 12Ma a week ago. No chance to try it because of hectic work schedule. We were asked to do a 45 min set w/ my classic rock band at a blues jam two days ago. I fired up the 12ma at my house w/ the Axe for 5 minutes to make sure it worked. Then off to the jam. I had about 4 1/2 minutes to set up as the blues jammers got their amps off stage. Set it up as back line. And... Away we go. Really happy w/ the sound. Great bass response. More than enough volume to keep up w/ my hard hitting drummer. Medium sized club- everyone could hear fine, some said we were almost too loud. I'll be looking forward to fine tuning my patches with it but it really did sound good without touching anything on the Axe. FWIW I had the 12Ma volume about 1/2 way up and the Axe output about 1/2 way up. More to come...

Congrats on your 1st outing with the Verve. Great to hear that 1 12ma could hold it's own with your loud drummer. I just got a 12ma as well and also a QSC K12 (best of both worlds) and will be playing them the for the first time with the band tonight and will report my findings. I upgraded from a pair of Mackie SRM-450's that sounded pretty darn good, but could get a bit harsh and flubby at times.

Keep us posted with a longer-term wrap up at some point. I will do the same.

Congrats on your gig Tony. I got your phone call but it was late when I got home. Took the kids to Raging Waters today... totally burnt out. I'll give your a shout tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom