First test XTC Randall Module

mba

Power User
XTC Randall Module modded tone match

Randall XTC modded module PA-OFF, power amp off :
XTC-Red Randall Module (PA-OFF).syx

Use this one if you planned to use a poweramp like the VHT (with a push pull) or the return of your combo/head, so basicaly when the PA parameter in the Global section is set to OFF.

Randall XTC modded module PA-ON, power amp on :
XTC-Red Randall Module (PA-ON) .syx

Use this one if you planned to use a linear poweramp like the Matrix, so basicaly when the PA parameter in the Global section is set to ON.

Last edited:
Reactions: gpz
Thanks for these, MBA!

I just gave the XTC-Blue match a shot.
I used it with the stock 4x12 V30. Great results.
I increased mids and treble in the amp block to about 8 and liked the amount parameter of the match block at 50 to 80 %.

You are lucky. ;o)
I think it's the best one. I'm not satisfied by the other i think there is something wrong somewhere.
I tested them with a poweramp and a cab only.
I use to set the smooth parameter to 5% because it makes the tone more liquid.

Hey, can you tell my the procedure you used here to get the best results? I have 9 Randall modules I'd like to try this with.

_ set a row with an amp bloc and a tma bloc
_ edit the tma bloc and set the record input to input2
_ connect the send of your effects loop to the input2 of the Axe (rear)
_ check the level with the level meter, the level of the module must be very low
_ plug your guitar into your randall, edit the tma bloc -> push the X button and record the reference file
_ play all along the neck and push again the X button when it's done
_ now you can see the shape of the reference file in the first little screen
_ plug your guitar into your Axe-Fx
_ bypass the tma bloc and set the amp bloc to match your randall module as close as you can
_ activate the tma bloc and now push the Y button in order to capture the Axe-fx file
_ play your guitare all along the neck
_ when it's done stop by pushing Y, you can check the Axe-Fx file into the little screen
_ press Enter to calculate the match tone between both files
_ now you can check the result by bypassing the tma bloc on and off.

Last edited:
Yes it's very powerfull and the TMA bloc is really easy to use.
I just though that saving the reference file too into the preset could be useful.

Tried the latest Red one into the 4x12 CALI and it is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing your method, I'll try it on my H&K CREAM MACHINE.

May be one thing to add is that the REF CHANNEL in the TMA block should preferably not be set to SUM L+R, has mentionned by Cliff in the thread

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/51443-tone-matching-step-step-video-tutorial.html

One suggestion:
I should have made the default for the reference Left Only as a lot of times the guitar will be stereo and if you sum to mono (L+R SUM) you get weird phasing and this will affect the match results negatively. Therefore it is best to set the channel for the reference to Left or Right only.

but it doesn't matter if the module is mono.

Last edited:
Which mod, and by whom please? SG? JF? Salvation?
TM can get close for me, but not close enough to ditch the actual amps/modules.

By me.
The XTC module is not close to the XTC amp. It has his own voice.(which is nice too)

Back
Top Bottom