First Sound Posting

rnjscooter

Power User
Hey everyone, ok, this is my first time ever posting a sound clip. I have owned the Axe since December and played my first gig w/it 2 weeks ago. One of my bands is a 60's 70's cover band, man cover band playing is a lot of work! Talk about memorizing 100's of songs. Anyway, I decided to record my created solos for the songs we do so I won't forget them haha. Take it easy on me, this is my first time, thanks!:encouragement:

Last edited:
Go to the "advance" message editor and use the Soundcloud icon on the tool bar.

Btw: I tried loading your links and none of them loaded. I went directly to your SC page and none have been shared.

\m/

ok, I did it, but it says the track is currently unavailable. Could it be cuz I made it private on my soundcloud?

Great sounds. especially la bamba!

As always, it'd be great if the presets (including the names of the commercial add-ons) are posted along with the recordings?

Thanks! I am not sure how to post the preset, you meaN just a screen shot of it? The only other thing I am using is easy drummer :)

Last edited:
I love these threads - first few posts are about how to get soundcloud to work/link properly! :) Thanks for sharing though - some nice guitar work. Question - the tone seems (to me) a bit muffled to me - don't mean that as a bad thing, but a question "is this your live tone"? I don't play live, so I can have a lot of treble in my sound because I'm not cranking it up - was wondering if this brightens up live/loud or if this is personal taste, etc.

What guitar(s) are you using for each one (pups)? If you created the presets you can save them and attach them. If they are standard presets then naming them and any special IRs/cabs helps folks to dial in the tone.

What other tunes do you play in the cover band? Now you've broken the ice, come and share more often :D

I love these threads - first few posts are about how to get soundcloud to work/link properly! :) Thanks for sharing though - some nice guitar work. Question - the tone seems (to me) a bit muffled to me - don't mean that as a bad thing, but a question "is this your live tone"? I don't play live, so I can have a lot of treble in my sound because I'm not cranking it up - was wondering if this brightens up live/loud or if this is personal taste, etc.

What guitar(s) are you using for each one (pups)? If you created the presets you can save them and attach them. If they are standard presets then naming them and any special IRs/cabs helps folks to dial in the tone.

What other tunes do you play in the cover band? Now you've broken the ice, come and share more often :D

I have realized since, that I was causing the output lights to flash, possibly attributing to what you hear. I also use an old MBOX, and am painfully aware, especially with all the television I do, that a new audio interface with better mic pre's is on the horizon. It was originally a live preset, I saved it to another preset number and deleted a bunch of blocks so I could add cabs without destroying the CPU. I didn't take to much time with the cabs though , I'll find out what they are. Thinking of buying my first cab pack, 14. I had to, after adding cabs, lower both amp blocks about 5. I play Tom Anderson guitars and I am on the neck P/U on everything but "all of the Night", that one is the bridge.

I will post a screenshot when I am back from vaca.

Thanks DW Michaels!

Back
Top Bottom