First Show with Axe!

Awesome setup Sawbere, I used mine a couple months ago and loved it. FOH took a little bit to get used to, but I enjoyed the control of it much more than having an amp blaring in my ear.. Here was my setup (Fun-w-Fractal).

Did you get any video of the concert?? Thanks.

Lol, it seems like everyone is always recording everything always, but we never see any of the footage. Hopefully someone captured something useful. Great video of you playing! I think Pink Floyd is one of the hardest groups to cover since there is so much feeling in all the parts. Well done.

Thanks for sharing

I stalked these forums for a long time before I bought mine. I was afraid I would need a Doctorate in Fractual to set it up and it make it sound passable. It far exceeded my expectations and I just wanted to help those who had the same concerns as myself.

swabere

thanks for the explanation. do you just put the song titles in the mfc display?

I enter them using Axe Edit and then sync the two together. I also set the MFC so there are only 40 viewable presets. I had a rehearsal where the singer was standing on a switch and I was 100+ away from where I needed to be. I also leave a few blank (like seen in the closeup picture) for tuning or to put on so if I walk away I won't feed back.

100k wow.. don't think I've ever played for more than 30-40 people. That's got to test some nerves :) glad to see another k12 :)

Well done.

Thanks mate.

Maybe see if one of your band members has a DSLR (Canon 7D or Nikon D series) then purchase a powered microphone with a tripod. Then set it and forget it! Or have someone record for you to just keep an eye on it. It really helps with the dynamics of a group to actually see how well the performance went. Even your singers could visualize what an eye sore those music stands can make. ;) The AFX makes playing live fun again for me personally. The dynamics and the versatility are endless, it's just pure fun!

100k wow.. don't think I've ever played for more than 30-40 people. That's got to test some nerves :) glad to see another k12 :)

FYI I include bugs and the nearby shopping mall!

It was an outdoor festival and probably had a few hundred people there, mostly kids running around and their exhausted parents. It was a huge success that we got as many people as we did to pay attention to us.

Thanks mate.

Maybe see if one of your band members has a DSLR (Canon 7D or Nikon D series) then purchase a powered microphone with a tripod. Then set it and forget it! Or have someone record for you to just keep an eye on it. It really helps with the dynamics of a group to actually see how well the performance went. Even your singers could visualize what an eye sore those music stands can make. ;) The AFX makes playing live fun again for me personally. The dynamics and the versatility are endless, it's just pure fun!

I have a Canon 5D mark iii that I will use In the future. Being in the early stage of this new band recording can shatter people's confidence as easily as it can reinforce it. Singers have such delicate egos :D

i love having all these sounds at my disposal. I know most people don't notice the difference between the different amps and cabs, but I do and that affects my playing.

I am loving the K12! So far it has been amazing. Hopefully when we have our Axe Gathering in ny/NJ I will get to hear some other great setups.

That's right! Any true rock-n-roller knows you use a teleprompter, not a music stand.

It always cracks me up when a singer wears shades to hide the fact that they are reading their lyrics, but still move their head side to side or you see the reflection in their glasses.

BTW great singer...

Second that
thumbsup.gif
A million miles away from the usual 'hairbrush singer' that you so often see...
wink.gif

I agree, great lead vocals by the gal. Your guitar and playing sounded great, as did the rest of the group.

Care to share that preset?

Fantastic axe live sound. Only 2 PA top cabinets? No subwoofer somewhere? BTW great singer...

I was really surprised when I heard this video. I didn't realize this is how it all sounded put together. He had a great sound wo just 2 speakers and no sub. I thought it was going to sound a lot more thin.

Back
Top Bottom