First Rehearsal under my belt... Thumbs Up!

mikhael47

So I have my first rehearsal under my belt. I have one preset setup that covers off the majority of my sounds. I struggled a bit, getting used to the arrangement, and I forgot to setup a foot switch for my compressor, and couldn't figure out how to add it back in without the computer editor but for the most part it was a complete success!

My rig is as follows:

LP Std stock and a Strat DLX with Andy Timmons pickups Input into 4cm FX8 to a Mesa Boogie Mark 5:25. I am using a boss FV500H as a controller for the wah.

My initial impressions are that the gate needs some work, but I do like it. The reverb sound I am using (a downloaded SRV preset) needs tweaking and I am going to have to work on the levels a bit. Relay switching my amp has a bit of a bump but generally not noticeable at volume. I have a wah, compressor, 2 drives pre and delay and reverb post.

What really shocked me is the drive sounds at volume. It was the first time I had a chance to open it up and my expectations were not super high. I mean, playing at home, at lower volumes made me very hopeful, but I had absolutely no idea what I was in for. Super strong and present, digging in really brought it to life. Doubling up on the drive didn't cause a lot of unwanted noise. Super nice chime sound to it. It did have a bit of a digital feel to it, but nothing to be concerned over.

Like I said earlier, I did not program a switch for the compressor so I don't know what it sounds like when it's off.

So now I have a H9, Xotic BB+, SP Comp, Morely Mini Wah and a Boss ES5 for sale LOL

Back
Top Bottom