First recording with Axe Fx 2 (High gain, Metalcore)

thanks! =D

Well 1st of all it's easier to dial in and the sound is even close to a tube amp. And also the room level, room size etc parameters really help a lot in emulating mic-ed up cabs.
The various additional features to the Axe Fx II really helps a lot as well. Especially the USB!!! Now I can use it on my laptop! (my audio interface runs on firewire so I cant use it on my laptop)

Hey JMS! thanks. Yeah standard preset for bass. I'm so glad that I bought the II. But kinda miss my ultra though. Sold it yesterday.

Another question, when you say you used the pvh & FAS for this recording, do you mean you used both of those amps for one tone? Or one guitar has the PVH and the other is using the FAS?

I used FAS modern on the left and pvh6160 on the right. for the cabs should
be mesa 4x12 v30 OH and German 4x12.

Nice guitar! I've always wanted to try out a set of warpigs. Do you mind sharing the 2 patches you used? I'm just curious to see how you dialed in the
4 x 12 German cab with the 6160.

Thanks it's my all time favourite =) warpigs is really good and brutal. Even split coil sounds fantastic. I'm so sorry. I modified the patches a lot that it doesnt sound like this demo. Anyway it's not that hard. 6160 + 4x12 german w/ 57 dyn will naturally blend in the mix well. Of cos I used a drive (TS808 mod) in front to give it tightness.

Back
Top Bottom