First recording ever!! (BE gentle..)

markus

Inspired
Hey guys. This is my first recording ever. It is a cover of Metallica's My Apocalypse, minus the bass. I even included the worst lead ever, for your listening amusement!

I welcome all comments, criticisms, etc. I've got thick skin, so let me have it!

Note: Drums are EZdrummer with the DFHS plugin. Guitars are AxeFx std. Basically a Das Metal amp into a V30 cab.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=899529&songID=7147004

Thanks for listening.

hmm...could I use the pitch shifter and tune down an octave? How would that track, I wonder....I'll have to test that when I get a chance

juliancs said:
Care to share the patch? Sounds great

Hmm...yeah, I could upload the patch. Although, I think all it is is the Das Metal amp with James Peters cab (V30a). Perhaps a room reverb setting from the wiki page. Honestly, the patch by itself is probably a little 'sizzly' on the high end, but once the guitars are doubled and it's dropped in with the drums, it sounds pretty good, i think.

Mark

juliancs said:
Any amp settings? :)

Now that I look at it, I believe it is James Peters' 'Death Magnet' patch. I got rid of the graphic EQ and the reverb, but it uses the same cabs he used. Plus I changed the mics and stuff. Heck, I'll just upload it, and note that it is based on his for my rig.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom