First Recording by a complete noob...

3Dhuman

Inspired
Hi folks... this is my first recording using the Axe2. I did it in one take... nothing fancy, no post... mainly because I've never really done any digital recording. Just looking for some feedback and pointers in terms of guitar tone and balance. The drums are off my (beat to hell) Korg sampler... double guitar track, JVM and Engl sims.

I only just set up the Soundcloud a half hour ago... other peoples tracks are louder than mine... oh well. Please be kind/constructive...

Soundcloud - Go

You say you are a recording noob but the guitar sound is actually very good. Really tight sounding and in my speakers the EQ fits really well in a mix. You really could use some bass playing too.

Thanks guitarpt. Yes, bass... I am starting to look for a cheap (ish) used one. The only recording I had done before was almost 2 years ago using a Boss GT-8. I was so disgusted by how it sounded, I never tried again... until now. Prior to that, I had only ever recorded using an old Tascam 4-Track.

noob??? Dude, when I listen to my early recordings a instantly puke. You should be proud of that if you're just getting into recording. Really nice job :)

Thanks InsideOut! You know, you play something back and you think... "Hey, that sounds pretty good,"... but then, you're not really sure and you just want a more experienced opinion. Know what I mean? Anyway, I'm quite certain this says more about the quality of the Axe Fx 2 as opposed to my recording abilities! Also, I read A LOT of posts in these forums... many, many people here have great/useful information...

+1! It's a great mix, a bit thin without the bass but the guitar sounds really nice! And I mean really nice! Really nice it sounds. It sounds really nice, oh and it sounds really nice btw.
Great definition, not any mud and yeah the drums and guitar match well. It's pretty 50/50 or 60/40 with the guitar being 60 and the riff is articulated.
yeah I like it, it's good! <-- Buckethead :D "Do yooou want some slaw?" Oh how I worship allmighty Buckethead. HEADCHEESE.

Edit: This is not noob at all! It sounds.. Really good! Did I say that already? Nah I don't think so: This sounds really good :D

The riffs are very cool as well. Like the effects, makes the music more alive. Like Buckethead :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom