First person to choose this as their band name gets the reward...

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
"Iter will confine hot plasma within a structure called a tokamak in order to control fusion reactions."

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53573294

Tokamak. LOL. Your reward is you can either go with the Dr. Evil explanation of your band name -- we're named after a structure that controls fusion reactions by trapping super-heated plasma -- or say it's Toking, Anarchy, and running Amok all in one word. Your choice.

I think there's at least a couple of bands with that name already...
although I do like your 2nd explanation ;-)

"Iter will confine hot plasma within a structure called a tokamak in order to control fusion reactions."

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53573294

Tokamak. LOL. Your reward is you can either go with the Dr. Evil explanation of your band name -- we're named after a structure that controls fusion reactions by trapping super-heated plasma -- or say it's Toking, Anarchy, and running Amok all in one word. Your choice.
Great article!

Tokamak designs are hopeless. 60+ years of plasma instability.

A better approach [IMO] and alternative band name... Stellarator -- jazz/rock fusion perhaps?

The latest of these would make for a decent metal-ish band name, or German beer... Wendelstein 7-X

Last edited:
Another term I liked a while back when I was watching a show on formation of the solar system was The Late-Early Bombardment.

Last edited:
There used to be a restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC, called "Breadmans." This was back in the 90's.

There was an item on the menu: "Meat Biscuit."

We all took one look and said, "That's a band name, right there."

I think they had to go with slightly absurd, random, low-class, kitch band names in the 90's because all the soaringly iconic names (Rush, The Who, Yes) had already been taken.

There used to be a restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC, called "Breadmans." This was back in the 90's.
I love Breadmans!! They were still there when I left NC about 10 years ago. My gf and I used to hit it for weekend breakfast. Never tried the Meat Biscuit though ;-)

Back
Top Bottom