First minutes with the new Axe...is it already broken? PLEASE HELP!

I presume you're getting an entirely stock new (replacement) machine rather than a repair.

If mine had arrived DOA, I wouldn't take anything else.

I presume you're getting an entirely stock new (replacement) machine rather than a repair.

If mine had arrived DOA, I wouldn't take anything else.

Yes Sir,
That's what they promised me. I will drop off the malfunctioning AXE tomorrow and the great wait continues!

Thanks for the kind words all,
Even without the benefit of the screen, I managed to hook up to Axe-Edit and run through some more presets, used the tuner and uploaded a few patches into the system.

It was a long night, 5 am I had to take a break!

But what about no plastic on the display and screwdriver marks on the screws? That'd tweak me for sure...

Perhaps I was too critical, considering these are hand-built. There certainly were not any fingerprints anywhere. I want to believe that it was an error. I'll let you know when my new one arrives next week!

UPS Freight is apparently no better. I ordered a SunSetter Oasis free-standing awning, which comes in an 18 foot cardboard tube (the kind they use for foundation pilings) and weighs almost 200lbs. It has (or should I say "had") wooden end caps screwed in, with stickers on it saying "DO NOT DROP" and "DO NOT USE FORKLIFT". However, when I received it, one of the end caps was completely missing and there's a big dent in the tube. Looks like they dropped it right onto the heavy end, and when delivered the driver says "looks like one of the caps is missing".

I have moved a lot of high end amps and guitars around the world......Fedex have never let me down......hope I haven't mozzed myself.

F*cking UPS. Bunch of gorillas.

UPS Delivered my Carvin Legacy head... left it outside on the side of my house all day (didn't knock or anything- 100+ degrees all day).... found the box with a 12-14" hole in diameter in the side- to the point where you could adjust the knobs in plain sight... and they lost the tubes...completely lost them- showed up a week or two later...pretty much dead.... i returned it.

I have moved a lot of high end amps and guitars around the world......Fedex have never let me down......hope I haven't mozzed myself.

I switched to FEDEX and have never had a problem with anything- there rates are better/cheaper than UPS...
I do say shipping w/ them internationally is a pain- and won't do anything but USPS (express or priority... anything else is a mess)

I've heard it's better to fly your stuff (2-day or similar) than to use ground. The handling in/out of warehouses/trucks increases odds of damage. That and people need to be paid enough & treated well enough to give a s***.

Back
Top Bottom