First live show with the Axe 2...

somata

Inspired
My band played our first live show in over a year on Friday and it was also our first show with new guitar and drum rigs...which made us a bit nervous. I'm running the Axe FX 2 into a Mackie HD1521 powered speaker and our drummer has converted to a Roland kit into our powered mixer and one 2 way (2 15's and a horn) speaker from our practice PA. It was a small dive-y bar so the house "PA" was for vocals only. Have to say our all digital rigs sounded great. Lots of complements on how clear everything was. We're pretty tech-y and got several comments on how it was the first time some people who had seen us before could really hear all the intricate things we were playing.

The Mackie did a great job. Ran it at unity gain on the speaker and up a bit over half on the Axe FX. Have a couple of volume discrepencies between a few patches to sort out, but was very pleased overall. Also, was able to route the Digitech Jamman solo that we use for samples and interludes through the fx return of the Axe and into the Mackie. Normally on a small show like this, with a sub-par PA, we'd just skip the sampler but with the Mackie it sounded great.

I'm seriously considering either upgrading to the HD1531 or grabbing another 1521 for a half-stack/stereo kind of set-up...

Anywho, great first live show with the Axe...

Many users here playing a variety of gigs, all sizes from very small to very large. The Axe Fx is such a flexible unit and fits anywhere, giving that awesome tone even when you have to play at living room volume. You'll love it when you get to crank it up too, because it is the same of everything, just louder. Very cool to be able to count on that gig in and gig out. You'll always know what your guitar is going to sound like, and concentrate on just playing better instead of fighting your rig all night.

Welcome to the "live" bunch.

Back
Top Bottom