First GREAT Axe-Fx Tone

Steven_K

I've had my Axe-FX now for around three weeks, and have been liking it. Not loving it, but liking it. Until today, that is, when I finally dialed in what I would consider a great guitar tone. T808Mod into a FET Boost into the Top Boost amp set right before breakup, then into a combo of 4x12 30 watt and 2x12 Boutique cabs. Reverb off of a shunt before the cab. FET Boost for crunch, TS for leads. Absolutely amazing dynamics, bloom, touch responsiveness, and sustain. Feels and sounds just like a really great tube amp, with many more in it. I'm now absolutely sold on the Axe FX.

Steven_K said:
I've had my Axe-FX now for around three weeks, and have been liking it. Not loving it, but liking it. Until today, that is, when I finally dialed in what I would consider a great guitar tone. T808Mod into a FET Boost into the Top Boost amp set right before breakup, then into a combo of 4x12 30 watt and 2x12 Boutique cabs. Reverb off of a shunt before the cab. FET Boost for crunch, TS for leads. Absolutely amazing dynamics, bloom, touch responsiveness, and sustain. Feels and sounds just like a really great tube amp, with many more in it. I'm now absolutely sold on the Axe FX.
Sounds like you managed to build your ideal virtual rig! :)

dpeterson said:
clips or it didnt happen ;)
I just dialed in the greatest tone that no one will ever even get close to... it was a tube pre into a magical unknown gargoyle IR with no mic, into another IR of a washing machine next to a dryer that is on the spin cycle. Smoking hot tone!!!! Clip will following hopefully this year... maybe next year... :D

As promised, the clip is up here. Please excuse the sloppy playing, I did it quickly late last night. Also keep in mind I don't yet have a proper FRFR system to dial in tones, so I'm just doing my best! The guitar is an ES-339 with Sheptone pickups.

Steven_K said:
As promised, the clip is up here. Please excuse the sloppy playing, I did it quickly late last night. Also keep in mind I don't yet have a proper FRFR system to dial in tones, so I'm just doing my best! The guitar is an ES-339 with Sheptone pickups.
Wow... that was very nice!!!!!

mortega76 said:
I just dialed in the greatest tone that no one will ever even get close to... it was a tube pre into a magical unknown gargoyle IR with no mic, into another IR of a washing machine next to a dryer that is on the spin cycle. Smoking hot tone!!!! Clip will following hopefully this year... maybe next year... :D

I'm beggin you Mo... therapy is very affordable these days :lol:

Besides, it's common knowledge that the dryer should be UNDER the washer to get a proper IR :roll: Sheesh, I gotta learn these guys everything :p

InsideOut said:
mortega76 said:

I'm beggin you Mo... therapy is very affordable these days :lol:

Besides, it's common knowledge that the dryer should be UNDER the washer to get a proper IR :roll: Sheesh, I gotta learn these guys everything :p
Not the ones from Mexico!! ;) :D :lol:

mortega76 said:
dpeterson said:

Norge or Maytag?

quonsar said:
mortega76 said:
dpeterson said:

Norge or Maytag?
It's a custom made NorgTag... :D

mortega76 said:
dpeterson said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steven_K said:

Sounds great, but without the patch it still didnt happen!!!
:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom