first gig with axe this weekend

boblazz

i just got my axe a few weeks ago and chickened out last week to use it on a gig. i just wasnt familiar enough with it so i went with the kemper. so i brought it to practice last night for the first time and it sounded great in the mix. the other guitarist was using a line 6 hd 500 i think thats the model and im not bashing the line 6 but there is no comparison between the two. his tone has this ice-pick fizzy quality to it thats so irritating to me in modelers.my tones in the axe sound so rich and full. i was pretty happy with my tones and i have a pretty big outdoor event this weekend and i feel confidant to use the axe. the kemper for now is my backup. just more ramblings.

Good luck at the show!

I recommend getting familiar with a few front panel edits (if you haven't already).

I find myself tweaking the amp block tone stack, and drive pedal level / drive, sometimes during a show between songs. Especially when the presets I'm using are "green".

I'm mostly an AxeEdit user, but some basic front panel editing skills have really paid off for me. And I am comfortable enough to do them quickly. Remember to store the preset after edits too.

Definitely familiarize yourself with the front panel - especially useful to be able to access the audio output and master EQ sections in case you need to switch from mono to stereo etc or make an EQ adjustment to accommodate a super bright/dark room. Good luck, and have fun!!

thanks guys for the tips. i know the first thing i did was figure out where the tuner is and the global eq . are there global preset settings i can save and load for different situations? different guitars, rooms ect...

well i survived the maiden voyage with the axe-fx xl+. we were set up in a large tent at an indy car race with 90+degree temp . the race was over at 9:30pm so it cooled down a bit. so we did a sound check a few hours earlier and i dialed in my volume with the main output 1 and we are going with personal mixer inear system and everything sounded good. shut off the axe for a few hours , fired it back up when we were ready to play and my volume setting changed! so im fighting trying to get that level right and it is really touchy. i dont know if this is an issue with the axe but i did notice that at home if i tried to raise the volume on the output 1, i would have to turn it all the way down and then raise it back up to make a difference. but all in all the tones were good and i just have a few tweaks for next gig.

well i survived the maiden voyage with the axe-fx xl+. we were set up in a large tent at an indy car race with 90+degree temp . the race was over at 9:30pm so it cooled down a bit. so we did a sound check a few hours earlier and i dialed in my volume with the main output 1 and we are going with personal mixer inear system and everything sounded good. shut off the axe for a few hours , fired it back up when we were ready to play and my volume setting changed! so im fighting trying to get that level right and it is really touchy. i dont know if this is an issue with the axe but i did notice that at home if i tried to raise the volume on the output 1, i would have to turn it all the way down and then raise it back up to make a difference. but all in all the tones were good and i just have a few tweaks for next gig.

Do you use an exp. pedal for Volume?

Back
Top Bottom