First Gig with Axe FxII

guitvai1

Inspired
Got my Axe FXII and Matrix GT1000FX amp about a month ago and the MFC-101 followed a couple of weeks later. Earlier this week a pair of Matrix Q12's arrived. I am absolutely loving the Axe though the Matrix amp and Q12's. The tone in my house is unreal. Tonight I got to try out the system at a gig and it was fantastic, best tone I've ever had. I was previously using an Engl E-580 and Mesa 2:90. The Axe FXII rigged just killed, I brought only 1 Q12 just to have behind me for sound reinforcement onstage and went stereo direct to FOH. The beauty about the Q12's is that you can crank them up at home and nail your tone and it's gonna sound identical (or close to it) when you go direct to FOH.

Oh yeah I was running Ver 11.b. I'm very happy!!

Guitars used: EBMM Silhouette Special (H-S-S) stock pickups and a Silhouette copy that I made last year with Gravity Storm Neck and Bridge with Tru Velvet (Middle) and SS Frets on maple birdseye neck with Floyd Rose.

It only gets better from here. Tell me how much better do two speakers sound? I'm on the fence here I'm using one FRFR and one Quad ATM.

It only gets better from here. Tell me how much better do two speakers sound? I'm on the fence here I'm using one FRFR and one Quad ATM.

I haven't had a chance to try out both speakers yet at a gig as I only used one last night and tonight - I have In-ears (one ear only) so I didn't need to fill the stage and I'm going direct to FOH. In my practice room two do sound great when you have some stereo effect going like ping pong delay or chorus, reverb etc. Everyone that has seen us this weekend says the guitar sounded great out of the FOH system. I was backfilling it a bit with the Q12 and Matrix amp. These speakers are crazy loud.

I haven't had a chance to try out both speakers yet at a gig as I only used one last night and tonight - I have In-ears (one ear only) so I didn't need to fill the stage and I'm going direct to FOH. In my practice room two do sound great when you have some stereo effect going like ping pong delay or chorus, reverb etc. Everyone that has seen us this weekend says the guitar sounded great out of the FOH system. I was backfilling it a bit with the Q12 and Matrix amp. These speakers are crazy loud.
I use in ears as well. I actually send my vocals only to my in ears (one only) and I also send my vocals through a Matrix CFR in conjuction with guitar, then a Quad box behind me also in stereo. I ve been thinking of losing the quad and going 2x Matrix CFRs'.

Back
Top Bottom