First gig with Axe FX 2 and Atomic Active CLR

TommyB

I received my Active Wedge last week. Had a few hours to do some basic setup prior to gig. Played last night and it surpassed my expectations. All other equipment will now be sold and another CLR is in my future. I had to do minimal tweaking prior to and during the gig. Great job for both Fractal and Atomic Amps. My life just became a whole lot better.

Glad it went well. Many of us have been gigging for a long time using the Axe Fx and FRFR cabs and loving it. Hard to go back to all the complications once you've gone this way.

Before I was using a combination of a modified Fender Pro with Celestion V30's and a Mesa Lonestar Special with the Extension cabinet. This gig was a small room so I did not use FOH system. So many people were amazed and how clean the sound was. You can not go wrong with this product.

I've seen the CLR's designer play a club date using the CLR's forebear (Frazier PM499) as the center of a W/D/W rig. He had two small line-arrays (Frazier CAT 2x7) as the Wet bookends. This rig was not amplified through the FOH system - the place didn't need it. One of the absolute best guitar sounds I've ever heard in a small venue.

Im using a pair of CLR's in my small studio, and along with the Axe FX II I won't ever look back... After having that combo for a year or so, I still walk away going "damn"...

Im glad to read like results... :D

Back
Top Bottom