First gig w FM3

Ziyan

12 song set - was able to get by on one preset of 8 scenes.

Out 2 to cab on stage; out 1 to FOH.

One of the songs is w a bagpipe and tuned 1/2 step up from standard and another in D standard. Used scenes w pitch block and was able to adjust tuning w virtual capo at press of button and the effect worked well enough for live use.

Very impressed at how easy navigation is with the 3 buttons. It's very well thought out and implemented. Didn't bother taking my FC6.

Sounds fantastic and is built like a tank. The interface is very user friendly - I'm impressed!

Mine arrives tomorrow and I decided to buy it solo without at FC6 to get used to it. I have a show this Saturday playing 40 rock covers I’m hoping I can get by. Been reading up a lot about everything those 3 buttons can do

I've done multiple gigs with the FM3 playing rock covers - guitar in one band, bass in another. The other day I did a rehearsal with a new band playing guitar and the rig integrates my Boss SY-1000. I have only been using the FM3 and a couple expression pedals. For rehearsal tonight, I added a two button switch to eliminate needing to use the Hold functions for navigation. I really liked how that worked tonight.

While I don’t doubt you can do it with the three, I’m having a hard time understanding how easy it would be to navigate during a gig, song. Maybe I’m too busy watching what’s out front! LOL. Do I tap, hold, change layouts or views? I’m thinking the FC6 is for me. I want to actually see my options. MHO

While I don’t doubt you can do it with the three, I’m having a hard time understanding how easy it would be to navigate during a gig, song. Maybe I’m too busy watching what’s out front! LOL. Do I tap, hold, change layouts or views? I’m thinking the FC6 is for me. I want to actually see my options. MHO
Me too. I want to look down and see all the effects I can turn on/off with a tap of a button. My brain can't handle much more than that while playing. I actually had a dream about this - I had to have an FC6 in my dream. When I woke the decision was made.

I've done multiple gigs with the FM3 playing rock covers - guitar in one band, bass in another. The other day I did a rehearsal with a new band playing guitar and the rig integrates my Boss SY-1000. I have only been using the FM3 and a couple expression pedals. For rehearsal tonight, I added a two button switch to eliminate needing to use the Hold functions for navigation. I really liked how that worked tonight.

Very cool Tim! :cool: I recently got an SY-1000 and am on the waitlist for the FM3. I think the 2 of them together would be an awesome combo. I am curious to see how well I am able to integrate the 2 of them. I would be very interested to hear more about your experiences with the 2 of them sometime.

Very cool Tim! :cool: I recently got an SY-1000 and am on the waitlist for the FM3. I think the 2 of them together would be an awesome combo. I am curious to see how well I am able to integrate the 2 of them. I would be very interested to hear more about your experiences with the 2 of them sometime.

So far, I've just got a single FM3 preset I'm using with this band - it's a Petty tribute project. I've got the SY-1000 feeding Input 2 and in the preset the In 2 block is just going straight to Out 1. I've got a few scenes that let me switch between the different combinations of FM3 and SY-1000 output.

My band is in the studio right now tracking our follow up LP..hopefully I get my invite before its time to track guitars. I suppose I'll just have to record with my boring vintage Boogie :). I def want to have one before we go on our summer run! Always nice to be the one in the band with the least amount of gear to move around.

Last edited:
So far, I've just got a single FM3 preset I'm using with this band - it's a Petty tribute project. I've got the SY-1000 feeding Input 2 and in the preset the In 2 block is just going straight to Out 1. I've got a few scenes that let me switch between the different combinations of FM3 and SY-1000 output.

Tim, would you mind sharing some of your Petty presets? I just got my FM3 and I'm working up some Petty/Wilco/R.E.M. inspired presets.

Tim, would you mind sharing some of your Petty presets? I just got my FM3 and I'm working up some Petty/Wilco/R.E.M. inspired presets.

I think I just created one so far. We haven't had another rehearsal since then because of COVID-19 so I didn't invest much effort creating presets. The main thing I was messing with was integrating the SY-1000 for some keyboard sounds. Beyond that, I'm pretty sure all I did was pick an amp/cab that's on the edge of breakup with drive/delay and a bit of plate reverb. I'll grab it for you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom