First gig this weekend with the III. Must prepare!

I had a difficult time trying to find a clean sound that was warm and would cut through at the same time. I settled on the CA3+ pushed just a little. I use it with the Orange 2X12 IRs I mentioned in one of my previous posts. This combo works for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I need to setup a big, flat warm clean tone and then have a scene with a second amp for my dirtier tones.

I'm a metalhead playing Love Shack and Dancing Queen covers. It's tough reconciling that fact on a tone quest level as those trajectories don't naturally align with one another :(:D

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I need to setup a big, flat warm clean tone and then have a scene with a second amp for my dirtier tones.

I'm a metalhead playing Love Shack and Dancing Queen covers. It's tough reconciling that fact on a tone quest level as those trajectories don't naturally align with one another :(:D
Love Shack, Really!!! Just kidding. The things I find help me push forward in the mix is increasing negative feedback and also using output compression on the amp block.

Reactions: JTI
Love Shack, Really!!! Just kidding. The things I find help me push forward in the mix is increasing negative feedback and also using output compression on the amp block.
anon.gif

It goes over great. So we do it :D We are pretty much a mix of moldy oldy dance tunes, disco, 80s pop and rap and guilty pleasure songs. I have fun :p

That's all that matters. Cause we sure aint doing it for the money.
We played this song this weeked called Don't Stop the Sandman by a band called Rock Sugar, which is a mashup of Don't Stop Believin and Enter Sandman. So we started the song and all the guys were like "YEAH", then our singer started and the girls just went f**ckin WILD. That is exactly why I play guitar in a cover band!

Try the Buttery with 2-12 cab.
What's the Buttery?
We played this song this weeked called Don't Stop the Sandman by a band called Rock Sugar, which is a mashup of Don't Stop Believin and Enter Sandman. So we started the song and all the guys were like "YEAH", then our singer started and the girls just went f**ckin WILD. That is exactly why I play guitar in a cover band!
Nice! As happily married man; my eyes stay focused on the guitar. But I am aware enough to realize if the female segment of the audience is happy; that will make the male segment of the audience happy as well. And by extension; the venue owner who is selling the adult beverages
drink.gif

Buttery is Fractal speak for Budda. Though it is not a model of an actual amp, it is Cliff's creation to approximate a Budda amp. I find it very versatile, from clean, to edge of breakup, to crunch. It is one of my go-to models. Try it!!

Reactions: JTI
Buttery is Fractal speak for Budda. Though it is not a model of an actual amp, it is Cliff's creation to approximate a Budda amp. I find it very versatile, from clean, to edge of breakup, to crunch. It is one of my go-to models. Try it!!
Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a go when I have some time to do so!

Ooh thank you for the Buttery tip. I have never used this and it is just what I have been looking for. Any cab recommendations would be appreciated...

Ooh thank you for the Buttery tip. I have never used this and it is just what I have been looking for. Any cab recommendations would be appreciated...
I use a Weber Blue IR with it that I had hanging around from RedWirez. Vox Blues ought to work, or Greenback 25s....

Back
Top Bottom