AFIII Presets First commercial U2 pack for AF3

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
I encourage her to go shopping. Never complain about her buying things.

I got a truck, I had been eyeing since Dec., using this technique. I had been looking at them for a while and trying to justify the need for one. My wife kept insisting I go for it. Couldn't figure out why...until...I figured out she wanted to buy a car! So, I didn't say a word, went with her to look at the car and negotiate a deal to buy it, then a few days later, we test drove the truck and she looked at me and said, you have to buy it...so I did!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Troopy14!

Cool, thanks!

Mine has Bareknuckle Irish Tours, but I'm not getting near the same amount of quack or chime as Edo (I am using the blue pick correctly). I always end up boosting the treble to get more chime, but then it starts sounding too trebly and less quacky. So I suspect it could be my pups, however upgrading those is a process in my house (i.e. to be approved by my wife). I also have a set of SSL5 (Duncans) which I took off the strat because they also didn't have much chime to them - so maybe I need a new guitar...!

I've had bk irish tours in most of my Strats (and I still have them in my olympic white Strat I just used to make the Pink Floyd preset clip on my socials 20 minutes ago!). Those are very similar to the fat 50's, but from my experience the pickups are probably 20% of the equation, with the tone wood being 40%, strings being 15% and cable being 25%. In other words, it's all about the balance in the combination of all these elements. I remember going nuts trying dozens of pickups in a 70's strat I had a while ago (including edge's pickups), only to find out that it was made of ash, and my alder strat with any pickups sounded more similar to the edge's strat than that one with the "right" pickups.

with the tone wood being 40%, strings being 15%

Good points!

The Edge Strat and my American Strat are both Alder. Strings, I use EB 0.010's. I believe I read in a magazine about the Vertigo tour gear, that Edge used them on that tour. Which is around the time I first picked up a guitar.

cable being 25%

As in the patch cable? Are you referring to the interview with Dallas where he talks about Edge trying different capacitors to get the tone he wants and how for some songs, like Streets, he always uses a cable?

Last edited:
Good points!

The Edge Strat and my American Strat are both Alder. Strings, I use EB 0.010's. I believe I read in a magazine about the Vertigo tour gear, that Edge used them on that tour. Which is around time I first picked up a guitar.

As in the patch cable? Are you referring to the interview with Dallas where he talks about Edge trying different capacitors to get the tone he wants and how for some songs, like Streets, he always uses a cable?

No, I wasn't necessarily referring to the Edge, I just said that the cable (length and capacitance) has an impact on the tone that can be more dramatic than changing pickups. I recorded an audio clip to demonstrate this, but I can't find it.. will record a video sooner or later!

I've had bk irish tours in most of my Strats (and I still have them in my olympic white Strat I just used to make the Pink Floyd preset clip on my socials 20 minutes ago!). Those are very similar to the fat 50's, but from my experience the pickups are probably 20% of the equation, with the tone wood being 40%, strings being 15% and cable being 25%. In other words, it's all about the balance in the combination of all these elements. I remember going nuts trying dozens of pickups in a 70's strat I had a while ago (including edge's pickups), only to find out that it was made of ash, and my alder strat with any pickups sounded more similar to the edge's strat than that one with the "right" pickups.

Ok I have just learned a lot in that! I never realised there was such a noticeable tonal difference between Alder and Ash - my Strat is Ash! I mean it sounds great, but I have never been able to get those Edge tones! Hence the pile of pickups in my cupboard right now!

Thank you so much for the advice, and apologies for the thread derail! I definitely be getting your latest tone pack, but am going to have to have an awkward conversation with my wife about a nice piece of Alder plus accessories! :)

Back
Top Bottom