First AXEFX2 recording! happy prog/tech metal content.

prh

Inspired
hello!

new here, just got my axefx 2 about a week ago but unfortunately due to being a full time uni student i haven't had nearly as much time as i would like to dial in tones :(

here's the first recording i've done with it :)

hope some of you enjoy it, criticism welcome!

cheers

You can shred man! Obviously you have a good ear so your tones will only get even better from here! Good stuff.

Woah, what a huge overall sound. I like it.

Awesome and great work. Would you like to tell me more about your drums and bass building? This sounds really cool. If not, i can understand it, this things are huge work.

Regards Frank

Woah, what a huge overall sound. I like it.

Awesome and great work. Would you like to tell me more about your drums and bass building? This sounds really cool. If not, i can understand it, this things are huge work.

Regards Frank

no problem! drums are programmed from a sample library made by Toontrack called Superior 2.0, the bass i used is a midi instrument in the Kontakt 4 library. with the drums i basically used the default mix with some extra compression, and reverb on the snare, and the bass i just turned up the gain within the Kontakt plugin and did a bit of post-EQing to get it sit a little bit more nicely. not my best mix by a long shot, pretty quickly thrown together haha. hope this helps, if you have anymore questions just fire away!

also ill upload the preset tomorrow :)

Great infos, gratefully thanks for this.

Since i own a license of Superior too, it would be interesting whitch preset in special you choose. One from the Metal Foundry library?
I also do the same things on the drums, a little more room for Snare, and some parallel compression for the base, snare and toms....hmmm first i thought you have some "million dollar special arsenal".. :)

I guess i have still a lot to learn...or i do something wrong, anyway. I enjoy your soundcloud :)

The Patch for the AXE would be very very nice.

Regards
Frank

Back
Top Bottom