First attempt at EQ matching...

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
Check out this recording. I'll post the IR's later.

Custom IR's by shotgunn on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

For the record I spent ZERO time creating specific for these sounds. This is the MKIIC+ model straight into custom IR's. I just scrolled through them and played the song they were matched from. I used my RG-1527 with CrunchLab bridge pickup. Some sound better than others. Most have a TON of high end. The recording actually kind of sux. They were sounding MUCH better through my Atomics. It was VERY fun to jam through these tones. I think I may recreate them all using a brighter base tone so the match EQ process doesn't compensate so much for the high end difference.

I'll try tweakin the presets a bit. Keep in mind that these IR's were matched from MASTERED albums. Therefor they are going to be pretty bright. As I mentioned above I have something I'd like to try to compensate for this. I've listened to this recording at low volumes in my car and on my laptop and I hear some distortion. This is most likely from the recording. At first I thought it was from me jamming the track too loud but it didn't go away when I turned it dowm.

So who thinks they can name all of these songs?

Thoughts???

The acoustic sounds were played on my RG-1527 w/ LR Baggs piezo inserts.

Last edited:
I dig it!

It does sound like a track ready for a mix... which IMO is great. In other words not too bright for a band mix.

Did you have new strings? I bet it would help make the match EQ be less aggressive too.

Richard

My strings were replaced about 3 weeks ago. So they are pretty fresh, but not as bright as when they were first put on. I've been playing almost every day now since I got my II.

I was thinking about doing custom IR's for people here. Would it be reasonable to charge $5 per IR to compensate for my time and the fact that I purchased (not yet, but I may...) the $249 matching software? I'm running the Ozone 5 demo for the next 8 days.

They could provide me with the track they want to match, preferably .wav. And for most accurate end results (when possible) a short recording of them playing the riff from the song. From there I would just do my thing and then email it to them.

Whaddaya think? I don't mean to sound greedy, but times are tough. I may be losing my job soon. (I have a wife and 3 kids to support!)

If you tossed in a matching Axe Fx preset, I'd say you would some traction.

I have no idea of the volume of sales that would generate though.

Richard

If you tossed in a matching Axe Fx preset, I'd say you would some traction.

I have no idea of the volume of sales that would generate though.

Richard

+1 ....throw in the preset and it would be doable.

(I could name all the Pantera songs.....I think the Driven By Demons clip is my fav tone that you captured, but all the Dime clips were great!)

Yup. I'm a HUGE Dimebag fanatic!!! I just matched Where You Come From. OMG!!! Frickin unbelievable!!!!!!!

That 'Fight fire with fire' sounded exactly like the CD! I know that takes time to do, the Meshuggah didn't seem close at all. Too bassy no tightness djent anywhere. But that Ozone is good at what it does. I tried it on a Alice in Chains 'Guitar Hero' track and it sounded just like the Guitar Hero track. But not the original. Highs were way too high and I couldn't get that midrange warmth at all.
Good work though Shotgunn! Breadfan \m/

Hmmm... I didn't play Fight Fire with Fire. I'll assume you meant Battery... And yes, it sounded wicked awesome!!!

That 'Fight fire with fire' sounded exactly like the CD! I know that takes time to do, the Meshuggah didn't seem close at all. Too bassy no tightness djent anywhere. But that Ozone is good at what it does. I tried it on a Alice in Chains 'Guitar Hero' track and it sounded just like the Guitar Hero track. But not the original. Highs were way too high and I couldn't get that midrange warmth at all.
Good work though Shotgunn! Breadfan \m/

Back
Top Bottom