First ‘proper’ gig with Axe Fx 3

BobDoubleJack

Inspired
I don’t post often, but i thought I’d share my experience of my first proper gig with the Axe Fx 3 this weekend just past with my Iron Maiden tribute band. We were playing a multi band charity event with a limited set up time ( line check only rather than a sound check) .

The axe was di’d straight into the desk and HOLY SHIT, it sounded absolutely incredible. I’ve done a couple of smaller gigs with my Laney 212
FRFR speaker - which also sounds incredible , don’t be out off by how inexpensive it is - but the sound through the PA system was awesome. My
Presets are based around Austin Buddy’s live gold tone pack with some tweaks by me to suit and I played with my Adrian smith Jackson (budget model) which I’ve had iron gear pickups put into ( highly recommended at 70% cheaper than big brand names)

Best equipment purchase I’ve ever made - so glad I took the upgrade from ax8 to FM3 to Axe Fx 3.

@Sternaxe Set up to suit my Jackson Adrian Smith DXQM model (budget one, not the crazy expensive one haha) which has IronGear Steamhammer in the bridge and 2 x Jailhouse Rails in the middle and neck. Enjoy :)
Scene 2 (harmony) gives a small db boost, with Scene 3 (Lead) giving a 4db boost.

edited and removed

Last edited:
@Sternaxe - here it is. Set up to suit my Jackson Adrian Smith DXQM model (budget one, not the crazy expensive one haha) which has IronGear Steamhammer in the bridge and 2 x Jailhouse Rails in the middle and neck. Enjoy :)
Scene 2 (harmony) gives a small db boost, with Scene 3 (Lead) giving a 4db boost.
Thank you so much Bob. You're very kind. I play for an Iron Maiden tribute act as well. We're known as Maiden Arabia and I'm currently based in the Middle East. Here's what I use live. Give it a go and I'd appreciate your feedback.

What I've used is an actual replica of their live rig. The JMP1 with a Marshall 1960B IR.

Scene 1 is OD2 for their modern rhythm sound
Scene 2 is OD1 for their older rhythm sound with a touch of chorus
Scene 3 is Clean
Scene 4 is the main lead
Scene 5 is the same lead tone with some chorus and univibe
Scene 6 is again the lead tone with a lower level for harmony dubs
Use Pitch Shift 1 with clean for the intro of Dance of Death
Use Pitch Shift 2 for various harmonies. Just edit the key accordingly.
I use a seperate pipe organ patch for the slow and long interlude in seventh son. Let me know if you need that n I will share it for you here.

Please do check us out @maidenarabia 😊

Cheers!
Stan

Attachments

• 001_MAIDEN ARABIA.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Thank you so much Bob. You're very kind. I play for an Iron Maiden tribute act as well. We're known as Maiden Arabia and I'm currently based in the Middle East. Here's what I use live. Give it a go and I'd appreciate your feedback.

What I've used is an actual replica of their live rig. The JMP1 with a Marshall 1960B IR.

Scene 1 is OD2 for their modern rhythm sound
Scene 2 is OD1 for their older rhythm sound with a touch of chorus
Scene 3 is Clean
Scene 4 is the main lead
Scene 5 is the same lead tone with some chorus and univibe
Scene 6 is again the lead tone with a lower level for harmony dubs
Use Pitch Shift 1 with clean for the intro of Dance of Death
Use Pitch Shift 2 for various harmonies. Just edit the key accordingly.
I use a seperate pipe organ patch for the slow and long interlude in seventh son. Let me know if you need that n I will share it for you here.

Please do check us out @maidenarabia 😊

Cheers!
Stan
Brilliant thanks Stan , i will defo go and get this checked out. Maiden tributes are great fun to play in 🤟🤟

Don't know how much you modified that preset, but the original was a commercial product that's for sale, posting it it here for free is definitely Not Cool.

You should take it down I think.

@austinbuddy - if you want me to remove it, I’ll remove it. I modified it a fair bit to be fair.
There was no ill will intended.
Hey amigo @BobDoubleJack, if you twisted the preset amp/cab significantly, then I'd not bother. But if it is basically the same as LiveGold Amp+Cab preset for JMP-1, then yes I would ask you to take it down please, because it's like giving the preset away. Thanks for being nice about this man!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom