Firmware upgrade

It is funny because I am not an upgrade nut. I upgrade when updates come out but I not constantly thinking oh man when is the next one coming out??? Not only that I have used then less than 10 amps ever since the ultra and only 3 cabs. What I always want is the enhancements to the modeling. Many times it is an enhancement I did not know I was missing such as increased feel and touch response until I have it and I am like "oh my helloe new friend please to meet you"

Actually, I was referring to the OP: He hasn't checked back in likely because he finally upgraded and started "exploring"... Maybe he'll come up for air soon!

Here's what I might do for total "Time Machine" capability:

1. Note your current firmware version.
2. Download a copy of that from the archive at axefx.fr (Thanks Alex ;-)
3. Perform a FULL BACKUP to a computer of all Preset Banks, the System, and all user cabs.
4. Also back up to the internal ROM (if using a Gen 1 or Mark II)
5. Upgrade your firmware.
6. Optional, but I recommend it: Install the latest factory presets.
7. Test the new firmware.
8. Use Axe-Edit to import and audition your old presets. Tweak and save as desired.
9. If step 8 does not work out for you, install the older firmware and restore your backups.
10. If Step 8 goes well, enjoy the new firmware, and try to stay current going forward.

Thanks for all the advice here. I've been away for a week or so. To be honest I have no idea what version software I have. I'll have to take a look. I would have to say it's version One since I ordered the FXII before they where being shipped.

I do have some samples of my patches on disk. I suppose I could use Tone Match to get them back. I think someone mentioned this.

Back
Top Bottom