Firmware update idea to squelch questions post update

You are assuming that all changes to the model can be quantified and compensated for as changes to the editable values. I doubt it works that way since you're talking about a system, not a set of parameters that each live in a vacuum and don't affect one another.

I see this as an excellent project for you to head up!

The inherent problem with this is that you're assuming everyone does the same changes. Everyone leaves at default and changes 'one or two' things.

My suggestion for those who struggle with changes in FW and post 'whoa, it now sounds like CRAP!':
-Consult the release notes for changes!
-Wait for Axe Edit.
-Wait for Axe Edit.
-On the brand spankin' new version of Edit, open your very meticulously crafted preset, create another AMP version (of the same AMP) at defaults in that preset, and compare...shouldn't take too long to go through the menu's to see what (if anything) has changed.

I, personally, have never felt that FW changes have totally killed my presets. Usually it's something ELSE that changed (input levels, something bypassed, etc, etc...) In no way have I ever felt like I was starting from scratch.

FWIW.

Ron

What is this AXE EDIT you speak of?? :)

Big problem that I would have is that this would divert resources from development which seems to be a bit behind on AxeEdit already and that even though the parameters may be different that there could be a whole slew of other changes in the code that would make the changes to the amp models vary widely meaning that it would be a one to one correlation.

I suppose some people could find it extremely useful, but I'm more of a just tweak it with my ear type of guy. I couldn't even tell you how much of any single parameter I have in any given preset without looking at it.

Doesn't work on a Mac unfortunately. I was considering buying a PC laptop for musical stuff, but now they all have Windows 8, which I do not believe is compatible.

I have had success running the few apps I need from the Windows world virtualized in OSX.

YMMV, of course.

Back
Top Bottom