Not a Bug Firmware 5 wont transfer

John Ziegler

Firmware 5 wont transfer. Fracbot keeps saying no responce received. Please insure the device is connected and powered on, then try again. It says this in about a thousand boxes and will not letme click ok. so i have to force quit fractalbot. whats going on?

You have Fractal-Bot and FM9-Edit connecting to the unit at the same time. Don't do that.

Fractal-Bot is a more generic legacy tool. Edit contains an embedded version of Fractal-Bot under the Tools menu that will let you do the same things, only on the FM9. I'd recommend quitting Fractal-Bot and using the embedded version.

I suggest that people don't even load the stand-alone version of Fractal-Bot unless support recommends they do so; It has some special powers that the embedded version doesn't have, but for the majority of the time they're not needed.

Firmware 5 wont transfer. Fracbot keeps saying no responce received. Please insure the device is connected and powered on, then try again. It says this in about a thousand boxes and will not letme click ok. so i have to force quit fractalbot. whats going on?
same problem. I also used the fracbot in edit same thing

Yeah. I used fracbot in edit. I’ve tried it 30 times same result. Locks up mac everytime. I even tried the beta. Same result
Just to be clear, you don't have both standalone FractalBot and FM9-edit running at the same time? That's the part I was really referring to.

John you figure it out. I have same problem

Maybe try uninstalling the FMEdit and FractalBot apps and then reinstalling. Also rebooting the computer before reinstalling. Apologies for the extremely generic suggestions but I don't see them mentioned yet.

Back
Top Bottom