Firmware 5... Or ... 'How is it 1 In the morning?'

Manny Fufish

Power User
Loaded firmware 5 when it released at around 6 PM and a few minutes later, it's 1 AM! ... Where to start... it's amazing! Cab block motor setting has me flipping out!!! It's set at 0.25 by default on all cabs, and I'm hoping if the presets get re-worked, this gets bumped up to about 1/4 of the way up like 9 o'clock or so. A little goes a long way though because when you set it to 0, your immediately begging for it back! It's exactly what the team said it was, the feel of a hot amp, and you can over do it too, just like a real tube amp! When you run a tube amp hot for too long and you overshoot the sweet spot and it goes down hill. My Matchless did this to me many times in long sessions. This feature is ridiculous cuz you can warm the amp up to the ideal point and it stays there! How cool is that!!! I gotta get to bed, tomorrow's another day.

Thank you Fractal Audio!

Has anyone noticed the new dynamics change the way they play? In last nights marathon session I started bringing back all my hybrid picked country licks and the poping and clicking sounds were just killing it. Also the mutes and double stops, bending tensions to close intervals, etc... All of this sounds increadable now!!!

I'm not a very versital player ( I'm kinda stuck in the 80's ) .... That said, it DID change the way I play too ....

The dynamics are addictive for sure. I played dynamically before this; but now that there's such a musical reward for doing so, it's fun to get all rowdy with it :)

I think for a bit here we'll be cranking DYN & MOTOR too high, playing overly radical dynamics and breaking strings along the way -- LOL

Last edited:
R.D. said:
I'm not a very versital player ( I'm kinda stuck in the 80's ) .... That said, it DID change the way I play too ....

Preaching to the choir on this one "Ozzy, Ozzy, a little Dokken, a little Crew, but Ozzy, always Ozzy!!!"

Played country very early as a kid (thanks Dad :)), and it sneaks its way back in quite a bit, but I cut my teeth on 80s hard rock and Metal!

solo-act said:
The dynamics are addictive for sure. I played dynamically before this; but now that there's such a musical reward for doing so, it's fun to get all rowdy with it :)

I think for a bit here we'll be cranking DYN & MOTOR too high, playing overly radical dynamics and breaking strings along the way -- LOL

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom