Firmware 5.00 Question

GuitarCats33

Hello to all,

I just bought the FM3, unboxed it, and set up the FM3 edit software. Should I download the new Firmware Version 5.00 or should I stick with the version 4.01 for now? Will I lose any factory presets or important functions if I update to the 5.00 now?

Thank you!

FM3 firmware 5 is in beta at the moment, so if you are not familiar with backup and restore it's maybe better that you play around with FW4.01. IMHO

Its difficult to say at the moment. If it was the AxeFX III - the main release is usually out within a week of the beta (see the V19 FW release - beta to release in a week), so Id say wait. But the FM series is a different team and they seem to be having much larger waits between betas and main releases (FM9 V2 has been four week, FM3 is currently 2 weeks both have bugs that havent been addressed by subsequent beta releases) - not sure why. So might be worth updating to latest beta.

Install the beta. There's really no reason not to; you're not going to lose anything, you get a few new toys and a MUCH improved virtual capo (if you do any downtuning) than in 4.1. I say go for it.

Factory presets are not affected with the upgrade from 4.1 to 5 beta, if you dont have any customized or tweaked presets nothing can go wron, otherwise backup the presets, this takes only a minute And you will be save

Back
Top Bottom