Firmware 19.x - Is there a "quick fix" to make FAS amps sound like 18.x?

Personally, I'm not that anal about it. I play what I have.

I know the sounds matter to YOU, but do you really think the audience gives a hoot? Is somebody going to come up to you mid-gig and say "Nice tone, but shit, that bottom end isn't quite the same in v19 as it was in v18..."

And don't forget that your sound on a gig is going to be completely different from what you hear in your home studio when you're setting it up.
Apart from volume levels affecting the sound, the BIG factor is the room acoustics of where the gig is. All your carefully tailored reverb and delay settings go out of the window. Your carefully crafted EQ-ing of the lows and mids changes drastically as the room nodes get triggered, etc.

The point being that most of the subtle and not-so-subtle changes in the firmware versions are great in the studio, but for live gigs, they're ALL really great. Just play the thing! And feel free to tweak the heck out of the tone and volume settings during the gig - just like you would be doing with a real amp!

Awaiting incoming.... ;)
Yes, the audience doesn´t care, but it´s more about how you respond to the sound you´re getting from your audio source.
Just a tiny bit in change of how bottom ends responds and you translate your excitement to your playing - then the difference is profound IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom