Firmware 19 inspires!

I keep coming back to listen to this. Sounds so good and is exactly the type of tone I like to hear for this style of music. I wish you would put up a dry guitar track so I could tone match it, lol. Great job and I will be checking out your album once it has been released.

I love EVERY aspect on this, so tasty mix! All fits in there, and oh boy, that snare, phew. What did you do to those cymbals? (yeah probably not the most common thing to ask :D )

Last edited:
@ringleader
I'm glad you like it! I put up the patch on the AxeChange website (called "Splawndern") so I'm sure you can get really close to that sound with it. But how you play, what guitar, what pickups, etc. will always play a role. Good Luck!

@apescaleconflict
Thanks man! I didn't do much to the cymbals actually. With the cymbal balances set the way I like, I just cut some mid-range out with EQ and send the OH's / rooms to a parallel compression bus.

Ahh, i always send all parts of kit to a drumbuss, then parallel compress that one. (Well kick and snare are more than that) Interesting if you do those separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do send all of the mics there also, and in different amounts. I don't put too much of the kick in the bus because I don't want the compressor acting on that first and I don't like the pumping sound it creates. Everyone does it a little differently :)

I do send all of the mics there also, and in different amounts. I don't put too much of the kick in the bus because I don't want the compressor acting on that first and I don't like the pumping sound it creates. Everyone does it a little differently :)

Yeah i was only saying because i think you've got really nice results! Im stunned and just would like to know how haha :D i really dig the riffs too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom