Firmware 16.2 - is this right?

Daribo

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere and i know there's tonnes of these threads every firmware update, but I've just come from Version 13.07 and was under the impression that nothing would need to be 'reset' and there would be no major changes to presets.

I have found two strange issues that I just want to change are correct.

Firstly in some of my patches where I have a dirty amp and a drive pedal to increase the gain, it's sounding very wooly and fuzzy until I re select the drive pedal and it's fine again. If I don't save the preset and move away and come back to it, the problem is there again until I save it.
This seems to be more pronounced on the Super OD and RAT drives, but I don't use many others to be fair.

I only use around 4-5 different amps in my presets currently and most did not seem to be affected by the upgrade in any major way - except the C.A Triptik model (which I use for 80% of my drive sounds) - across all my presets, there is significantly less gain than I dialled in originally. Not the case with the two Marshall models use for the other 20%.
If i go to 'update amps defaults' in the Utility menu, this seems to solve the problem, but as soon as you change presets and change back it goes back to loosing the gain again.

Seeing as I have around 20 presets for specific songs with the Triptik amp, it would be a pain to have to manually adjust and re-save the amps gain on all over them (I will if i have to), so I thought i'd ask in case I was just being a bit thick about something!

Thanks for your help as always!

coming from 13.07, a lot has changed along the way to 16.02, so i wouldn't be surprised if you have to readjust things. that's 3 major firmware releases, and 2 of them had release notes that said "NOTE: This is a major firmware release which normally indicates the potential to alter the sounds of presets."

so it would make sense that over 3 major firmware releases, the tone/affect of the drive pedals and knob settings of amps etc. might be significantly different. you may have to adjust those manually. in fact, if you had done that, in the time you posted this thread and waited for replies, the work might have been finished :) maybe, maybe not.

please read this FAQ regarding the Update Amps options just to clarify those: When do I have to “Update Amps Defaults” “Update Amps All Prsts” or “Reset the Amp Block”? | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

pay attention to when the all amps in a preset (if you use multiple amp blocks or XY) will be updated.

i think 16.02 vs 13.xx should be different in many ways, so you may need to find time to adjust a few other things as well.

Wow, there have been MANY updates since 13.XX

Most don't significantly change eveything, yet if you read the release notes and comments on an update BEFORE you install it, you may have fewer surprises.

I have 16 on my Axe right now and have a gig this weekend, so I won't be updating until AFTER the gig.
We all need time to adjust to updates that make changes to critical elements of most presets.
Any changes to drive, amp, or cab blocks will need tweaks and compressor and effects may require different mixes or level adjustments too.

In the future, just read the release notes to see what will be updated BEFORE just plugging the new firmware into your Axe.
Of course, this is just my opinion and YMMV.

Seeing as I have around 20 presets for specific songs with the Triptik amp, it would be a pain to have to manually adjust and re-save the amps gain on all over them (I will if i have to), so I thought i'd ask in case I was just being a bit thick about something!

That's why "global blocks" are handy. Or use Recall Effect.

I switched from 13.1 to 16.1 and now to 16.2, didn't have to reset anything, what I've used up to now sounds only better / richer.

I switched from 13.1 to 16.1 and now to 16.2, didn't have to reset anything, what I've used up to now sounds only better / richer.

Ok I was REALY wrong….
It did change some of the presets and not for the good, all sounded muffled and dark with lake of power / body.
But resetting all amp block brought it back to life more or less.
I played maybe 20 minutes after going to 16.1 and then today to 16.2 I had some more time to explore and I haven’t noticed it much but then started practicing our lineup with backing tracks and then I noticed how far is what I'm sounding like from what I should.
But yes, reset all amps made it more alive, I will better check it tomorrow on rehearsal.

Back
Top Bottom