Firmware 13.07 really really low end heavy

npdcoremetal

Inspired
I was messing around plugged in my matrix power amp and a cab, also an eminence frfr and a behringer powered monitor and holly low end
Is it something with new firmware i am missing or is it something i missed. I have not really changed anything.
Any help would be great!!!!

Yes, this came in version 12.04 beta and remains in version 13. So if your patches had a tone balance you liked before, you'll need to reduce bass a bit now.

For me (and reported by others), this restored some bottom end that was missing in earlier versions. But not necessarily a problem for all, depending on the combination of your pickups, tone settings, IR and real-world amp/cab choices.

Yeah, this happened. I am cutting it everywhere it seems....AMP, CAB, FOH.
Way I look at it is , bass is there, just needs managed.

My Atomic FRFRs are naturally bass-heavy. I found what works best for me is to roll back the Low Frequency Resonance when running through my Atomics. Otherwise, its hard to get rid of teh boominess.

Not really a complaint but more of a surprise cause it doesn't come through my studio monitors that way.
I would like to make patches for FOH and Cab so i can have the option just in case it is needed.
Thanks to everyone for your answers it just hit me like a brick wall not have been using my axe through powered monitors for a while.

before 13 and UR I had to cut low and hi end from my cabs. I don't anymore, I just leave'm as is, dial in my tone via the amps (which is almost nothing since I use Deluxe Tweed and Vox mainly), and bam! great sound with the amp in a room feel. I just came from rehearsal, and I'm once again over the moon with how things sound now.
I use a Matrix active cab and a Yamaha monitor.

laughing.gif

My Atomic FRFRs are naturally bass-heavy. I found what works best for me is to roll back the Low Frequency Resonance when running through my Atomics. Otherwise, its hard to get rid of teh boominess.

:lol are you trying to pickup where someone else left off.

I was messing around plugged in my matrix power amp and a cab, also an eminence frfr and a behringer powered monitor and holly low end
Is it something with new firmware i am missing or is it something i missed. I have not really changed anything.
Any help would be great!!!!

Yes... thank god. I thought I was the only one and kept my mouth shut because I know the typical responses on here.

Not to my ears, whatsoever. I think this sits in a band mix very well. I have never had anyone tell me my tone is "thin". I have tried it with more bass, and it sounds boomy. This is FRFR.

Not to my ears, whatsoever. I think this sits in a band mix very well. I have never had anyone tell me my tone is "thin". I have tried it with more bass, and it sounds boomy. This is FRFR.

I would politely disagree with you. FRFR is nothing more than "what you put in is what you get out". Sure some FR cabinets have a more pronounced bass, and when you crank them or any FR installation, you're subject to Fletcher-Munson. I would be looking at something else in your signal chain. I use PRS guitars exclusively, they are mahogany bodied guitars and have a fat, sweet tone to them. I never have my bass below 9 o' clock. Perhaps you need to look at the IR that you're using or try a different guitar. There is also the possibility that you're compensating for a poorly EQ'd bass or second guitar etc.

I would politely disagree with you. FRFR is nothing more than "what you put in is what you get out". Sure some FR cabinets have a more pronounced bass, and when you crank them or any FR installation, you're subject to Fletcher-Munson. I would be looking at something else in your signal chain. I use PRS guitars exclusively, they are mahogany bodied guitars and have a fat, sweet tone to them. I never have my bass below 9 o' clock. Perhaps you need to look at the IR that you're using or try a different guitar. There is also the possibility that you're compensating for a poorly EQ'd bass or second guitar etc.

How can you disagree with something you haven't even heard? And why would I look for something wrong when I am happy with how things sound?
I was sharing my experience that I agree with the OP.

Back
Top Bottom