Firmware 11b Mesa Mark Series ?

Set the overdrive at 8, then the sound will identical with the previous version, that's what Cliff said, but I don't think they sound identical

Just updated the firmware to 11b from 10.9 (which don't have the 'overdrive' parameter)
To my ears, the current mesa mark series lacking drive compared to the previous model, I'm using this amp for my main patches, so I think I know that there is something different, and it's not a good thing for me

anyone experiencing the same ?

Last edited:
The overdrive knob was added in the 10.10 update. 11 has "the last piece of the puzzle" according to Cliff. I don't know what that means but I imagine there would be a tone difference between the amps from firmware 10.09 and 11.0.

I would guess it has change overall a little. Have you tried to upp the overdrive?

I would guess it has change overall a little. Have you tried to upp the overdrive?

I tried to turn up the overdrive and input drive, but that still not 'liquid' enough to me, just not like in the 10.9

Strange, I moved back to the 10.9 and now I'm pretty sure that they sounds different, guess I'll stay in this preset until the non-beta version and axe edit 3 released,

Well, you are skipping a couple of firmware updates going from 10.09 to 11 ... why not just go from 10.09 to 10.10 to 10.11 to 11.0 and see where the tone changes for you. Maybe it's something else in the chain that is causing the difference?

Make sure your AF2 is set on pre-gain tonestack, choose USA 1 Lead, Rhythm or Clean as your tonestack of choise, make sure your Input Drive and the basic amp tone-controls were also important for the overall sound of your boogie (it was called clean volume or Gain on the original boogie mk amps).

the boogie basic paradigm is: Clean Preamp with pre-gain tonestack into an two gain stages overdrive circuit - the clean preamp is effecting the tone and character of the overdrive sound.

Have fun!

Cheers
Paco

Make sure your AF2 is set on pre-gain tonestack, choose USA 1 Lead, Rhythm or Clean as your tonestack of choise, make sure your Input Drive and the basic amp tone-controls were also important for the overall sound of your boogie (it was called clean volume or Gain on the original boogie mk amps).

the boogie basic paradigm is: Clean Preamp with pre-gain tonestack into an two gain stages overdrive circuit - the clean preamp is effecting the tone and character of the overdrive sound.

Have fun!

Cheers
Paco
Sorry , i don't know how excatly settings , more details about the tone setup ?

Back
Top Bottom