Firmware 11 help! Axe Standard

saffer

Hey guys,
Did the f/w update using my usb to midi cable like I've always done.
The update went through to the axe fine and the axe rebooted.
Now however, Axe-Edit cant talk to the Axe anymore.

Checked the I/O page on the axe, and under the midi tab the Sysex value has changed to 00 01 74
And I cant edit it.

Any ideas?

Hi Saffer

Not sure if this helps but I just did my ultra for the first time taking it from 10.05 to 11.0. It failed to work first time so I redid the whole thing and it then worked.... I seem to remember that 00 01 74 was in the version line of the Ultra. It came from Fractal 2 weeks ago... Yes I did not know about the Axe II...

I've done things like this update many times before and sometimes the kit just needs several attempts to operate properly. If the checking does not work after the install normally the update would not go ahead....

Good Luck

Hi Saffer

Not sure if this helps but I just did my ultra for the first time taking it from 10.05 to 11.0. It failed to work first time so I redid the whole thing and it then worked.... I seem to remember that 00 01 74 was in the version line of the Ultra. It came from Fractal 2 weeks ago... Yes I did not know about the Axe II...

I've done things like this update many times before and sometimes the kit just needs several attempts to operate properly. If the checking does not work after the install normally the update would not go ahead....

Good Luck
Hey man thanks for the advice,
I've done the update twice, worked fine both times but still the same error.
And I did make sure to download the standard update.

The Axe sounds great.
Everything works except for the Sysex ID being replaced with those numbers...

What firmware version were you running before updating? What version of AXE Edit are you using?

You'll want to be using the most recent version of AXE Edit and go to the MIDI settings window and make sure your Sysex ID is configured.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom