Firmware 10 and other stuff: my favorite parts

Do we still have to switch the amps? I mean from orig to something else and then back again to get FW10 stuff?? Sorry for the dumb question -and any new FW10 presets coming or here?
Thanks

Do we still have to switch the amps? I mean from orig to something else and then back again to get FW10 stuff?? Sorry for the dumb question -and any new FW10 presets coming or here?
Thanks

Yes, reset the amp block if you are coming from old presets. The new v10 presets don't need to do that though.

Don't forget the awesome and incredible Looper Start and End Trim controls.

I'm already assigning controllers to these - set an IA switch in toggle mode to modify Trim End, so it alternates between the values 100% and 50%. With a switch press you can toggle between the full loop and just the first half.

Assign another IA switch to modify Trim Start, sending alternate values 0% and 50%. This switch toggles between the full loop and just the 2nd half.

Sci fi sound, a little like the 'Neo is traced' sound from the Matrix: Assign an expression pedal to Trim End. Start a loop playing, then sweep Trim End from 100% and slow down as you approach the minimum Trim End setting.

This is very helpful. Thanks for all of your contributions, they are always insightful and clearly presented.

"" D-style ampsSo you think you've got the famous "D-style" tone now, in the Axe-Fx? Not unless you also have the fingers and technique of the players who use them. ;-)"

What's D-Style AMP ?

""Tweaking the amp parametersDon't know about you, but after installing any major firmware upgrade, I reset my amp blocks' advanced parameters (doesn't apply to the v10 factory presets!) and dial them in again. To reset the advanced parameters: just switch to another amp type and then back again, that's all.""

TOO TRUE

Last edited:
Is that just the amp block, or do I use the same procedure for effect blocks like drive?

Just the amp block; the others do not have new parameters that need to load default values.

Resetting the amp block just loads in the default parameters on the 'advanced' parameters.

If you are working with the new v.10 banks, they are already good to go. No reset needed.

The reset on the amp block is only necessary for amp blocks you saved in presets prior to v.10.

Hey Yek,

How do I use the syx file that Matt provided in his AE1.9 announcement, to wipe out the system and user cabs to default? I've looked around but can't find details. Is it as simple as just sending the file with snoize?

Just send the file to your Axe using a MIDI utility.
That's all.

Hey Yek,

How do I use the syx file that Matt provided in his AE1.9 announcement, to wipe out the system and user cabs to default? I've looked around but can't find details. Is it as simple as just sending the file with snoize?

Firmware 10.00 has the best and most realistic sounding and feeling amps and cabs that the Axe FXII has ever had. I'm really enjoying the Plexis, Vox AC30, and 65 Bassman. I love the new Tubescreamer and Tonebender.

The Beta version of Axe Edit 1.9 is greatly appreciated and is a big help for tweaking presets.

Thanks to all at Fractal Audio!

Back
Top Bottom