Wish Finer control/different curve for high cut controls

greiswig

Power User
On many of the amps that have a high cut control, I find that it isn't starting to even be audible really until I get to 8 or above. So in many cases I have it set pretty high. The resolution between 9-10 is often where the sweet spot is for me.

It would be great to have that resolution spread out more through the control's useful range, even if it does not directly mimic the log taper on the amp's actual pot.

But the design is to replicate the amp. If you know 9-10 is usually your sweet spot, just start there.

There's a point (for me anyway) at which duplicating an amp exactly, warts and all, becomes not the point. Especially if I don't have that amp. It's more about control. If we're supposed to be "adjusting by ear" anyway, why not make it easier to do that by giving a more useful range of controls?

There's a point (for me anyway) at which duplicating an amp exactly, warts and all, becomes not the point. Especially if I don't have that amp. It's more about control. If we're supposed to be "adjusting by ear" anyway, why not make it easier to do that by giving a more useful range of controls?

Because it's a 1:1 digitized version of the amp. If that's not what you want, there's other hardware and software available. That's also why there's the "ideal" tab in the amp block - to get things out of an amp that the original designers and engineers never planned for and couldn't implement.

It's also why reading the manual for both the axe fx and the amp being modelled is a great starting point to dialling things in.

When it comes to high end with guitarists in general, who's to say how much treble frequency everyone's already lost?

Because it's a 1:1 digitized version of the amp. If that's not what you want, there's other hardware and software available. That's also why there's the "ideal" tab in the amp block - to get things out of an amp that the original designers and engineers never planned for and couldn't implement.

It's also why reading the manual for both the axe fx and the amp being modelled is a great starting point to dialling things in.

When it comes to high end with guitarists in general, who's to say how much treble frequency everyone's already lost?

The Presence and Master controls are already not 1:1 digitized versions but instead idealized versions which more of the useful range spread across the control. So this ask isn't without precedent.

Back
Top Bottom