finally went Wireless

Stringmanipulator

Power User
Got myself a line 6 g30 ..
and now I'm thinking .. why didn't I do this ten years ago :)
love it ..

how do y'all attach it on your strap ? (not crazy about the clip thingy)

if only my mfc 101 was wireless as well :)
it would be awesome

have a good one

I use a wireless whenever the area of the stage makes it advantageous. In some situations I can't get far enough from my amp to make it worthwhile, but it sure is nice when I can!

I've seen some folks attach the clip to the strap adjustment slots, but it always seems they end up having issues keeping it there. I change guitars through the night, so I took the clip off my X2 body pack and put it in a cell phone belt case (the kind with a Velcro closure) and I clip it to my belt when playing. Because it has a hook of sorts on the clip, it doesn't come off. I think that would likely work well on a strap too. And, no duct tape...

I use a G90, and clip the transmitter to the webbing on my guitar strap, but to keep it from going anywhere, I always put a velcro cable tie around it. I have a package of black velcro cables that are about 3/4" wide, and long enough to go all the way around the body of the transmitter. It only takes a few seconds to put it on / take it off, and it never moves or slides around. The velcro strap hides the display and LED (which I prefer), but leaves the power switch easily accessible.

I have a line6 relay g50. I used to clip the transmitter on my strap but I use 6 guitars throughout the show so I ended up wrecking a good many straps as i only have the one unit.

Started wearing a belt and wearing it there, it works great, and it stays there all night.

I use Levy's leather guitar straps and they make a leather pouch for wireless transmitters that fits properly onto their straps. I've got two identical straps, both with the pouches, and they're ideal.

I like how you can purchase one of their wireless pouches and they will fit on any strap. I never saw this before and I will definitely be ordering one..

MM4 - Levy's Leathers

I'm kinda surprised to hear there's a problem. I have a G90 and the transmitter has a death grip on my strap just using the clip it comes with. In fact, I've taken to just moving the strap from guitar to guitar because moving the transmitter from strap to strap is too much of a pain in the shorts.

Line 6 XD-V75 here. If I'm only going to be using one guitar, I keep it on my strap, if I'm going to change guitars at any point in the show, even though it says not to, I clip it on the inside of my back pocket with the switches up so I can reach them. I've never had an issue when I do that. I'll eventually buy more transmitters, other priorities though.

Got myself a line 6 g30 ..
and now I'm thinking .. why didn't I do this ten years ago :)
love it ..

how do y'all attach it on your strap ? (not crazy about the clip thingy)

if only my mfc 101 was wireless as well :)
it would be awesome

have a good one

I usually just clip it to my back pocket or belt since I switch guitars for different songs.

Put your transmitter in a NON-LUBRICATED condom and then put it in your back pocket. Protected from sweat, not on your strap for guitar changes, you can still switch it on/off through condom, minimal cord length, you're used to having your cell phone there anyway..
It works. You're welcome. =}

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have thought about how cool the MFC would be wireless. Built in rechargeable batteries that charge when plugged in and wireless or Bluetooth to Axe. What a setup. Adds pounds for sure and no idea if a charge could last a full show, prob a minimum of 5 hours for festival setups. Fun to think about tho. I would pay for it, as long as the weight add was reasonable.

I've bought a pouch but actually just always clip to my belt. Works fine that way, doesn't get in the way of the strap, and I always wear a belt anyways, so not like I have to change my fashion to make it work.

I think its easy to just mute, unplug the jack and switch guitars that way. On the strap would mean having to change the strap on each guitar, and/or buy more transmitters. Guess that works if your a rock star, but I can't really afford a Tx for each guitar, especially when its so simple to just unplug the thing.

I mean think about it, if your playing using a cable, how do you change guitars ? You unplug the jack, swap guitars, plug back in and go.

I have the same brand of straplocks on all of my guitars. My primary guitar has a strap with my wireless transmitter clipped to it (with a velcro safety loop). When I switch guitars, it takes perhaps 10 seconds longer than just switching out the cable in a conventional rig where each guitar has its own strap already attached. To switch guitars, I reach down and unplug the transmitter from my guitar, then disconnect the strap at each end, leaving the strap hanging over my shoulder. Then I exchange guitars, clip on the straplocks, and plug in. There is also a spare guitar strap hanging on the guitar stand, although it's really just there in case the primary strap fails.

I prefer to have the transmitter on the strap, so when I remove my guitar I never need to remember to unhook my transmitter from my belt or pocket.

Depending on the gig, I occasionally switch from guitar to Warr guitar, and because that instrument is stereo, I don't bother going wireless with it. When I take off my regular electric guitar, the transmitter is on the strap, so I don't need to do anything other than rolling down the volume and putting it on the stand.

Back
Top Bottom