Finally I can dial in tone!

littlebigfis

Inspired
I always thought I was the only one that had no idea how to dial in tones. It all seemed so elusive, complicated, and multi-dependent and I could never get where i wanted. I'd finally give up with exhausted ears and just use stock presets or someone else's. NOW, I think things are definitely different. 6.0 is making it possible, nay very doable, even for a terrible tweaker, to quickly dial in tone!

Hells Bells, for example, I could never really get rid of the gain without losing the balls. Now all I did was take the stock Brit 800 (I dont even know if thats the right amp, but who cares!) jacked the master, dropped the drive to 1, bumped the treb and hit the fat switch! It may not be perfect, but it is for me - so I'm very happy I can get in the right zip code now. Thanks Cliff and team! Your creation is finally workable for guitar players that suck at tweaking!

That's great! People are way too concerned with how THAT person got his tone instead of taking the time (not too much in this example!) to learn how to make it themselves! Especially in this day of "email me that patch."

So many times though have I heard people complain that they got someone else's awesome presets but they don't sound good with their guitar, speakers, room, band etc. and instead of tweaking, they start searching for someone else's perfect presets.

Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for days. Let a man figure out how to make patches on his own axe-fx and he'll make the neighbors complain for years!

Last edited:
That's great! People are way too concerned with how THAT person got his tone instead of taking the time (not too much in this example!) to learn how to make it themselves! Especially in this day of "email me that patch."

So many times though have I heard people complain that they got someone else's awesome presets but they don't sound good with their guitar, speakers, room, band etc. and instead of tweaking, they start searching for someone else's perfect presets.

Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for days. Let a man figure out how to make patches on his own axe-fx and he'll make the neighbors complain for years!

I've practiced this for about a year or so (give or take) exactly for the reasons you state. Teach folks to trust their ears and the whole box opens up. Just keep fishing for presets and you are resigned to just being frustrated.

Yep, being given something that works is one thing, but being shown or learning how to do it is quite another, and ultimately more useful.

Give a man a match, he's warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life ...

Back
Top Bottom