Finally got around to my own Strandberg.

Mine had rather square fret ends and not much in the way of fret dressing.Not terrible and not even out of step with many at this price; before!
AECC4166-CD9A-4FE6-A534-4170DA62573B.jpeg
I had a space in my time so;
tempImageXHcrn0.jpg
After; I was a bit constrained by what was done already but it's a lot better now.

Last edited:
Wish I could play one that was set up right. Got tired of dinking with my Classic NX and traded it off. Hard to tune, wouldn't stay in tune, intonation wonky... frayed every last nerve I had. At the same time it was a beautiful guitar, decent sound, loved the weight and smaller footprint with no headstock.

Wish I could play one that was set up right. Got tired of dinking with my Classic NX and traded it off. Hard to tune, wouldn't stay in tune, intonation wonky... frayed every last nerve I had. At the same time it was a beautiful guitar, decent sound, loved the weight and smaller footprint with no headstock.
One reason people have tuning issues is the lock nut needs to be quite tight and on the older ones without a steel spacer underneath you are in danger of them stripping the wood if you do them up as tight as they need to be.

Reactions: mwd
I tried one but couldn’t get used to the neck. My hand would cramp up playing it. I never experienced that before.

I go back and forth. My thumb wanted to rest right on the sharp ridge instead of the back.

I go back and forth. My thumb wanted to rest right on the sharp ridge instead of the back.
Its good on the top angled parts too, this is the idea of it but if your thumb goes over the edge the angle is acute and for some people that's a problem. if you play thumb behind it is great. I have necks from baseball bats with shoulders to Ibanez original wizard and everything in between and I honestly like all of them for different reasons . If I had to pick out the easiest to play guitar I own it would be My Genesis RG550.

thanks a lot!
I'm going to re-fret for the 3rd time with stainless steel my spare neck guitar (before attempting to the real deal) so I'm taking every advice I can.. thanks for your time!

Last edited:
You should watch this if you haven't.

that was a great resource! I'll watch it again just for fixing the concepts..!
Do you suggest less radius on the fret (fretboard 16", fretwire bent 12") and then press it or using the same (fretboard 16", fretwire 16")?

that was a great resource! I'll watch it again just for fixing the concepts..!
Do you suggest less radius on the fret (fretboard 16", fretwire bent 12") and then press it or using the same (fretboard 16", fretwire 16")?
Stainless is quite stiff and springy so I suggest the same radius as the fingerboard or only slightly over bent . More is good with nickel frets though.

Back
Top Bottom