Finally Getting A Foot Controller! Little bit of help?

Hi all. Its been a while since I posted here since I have been really busy with my job and uni. So much so I have not had much chance to use my axe :(

I have narrowed my choice between controllers to:

Rockotron Midi mate

Yamaha MFC10

Behringer FCB1010

I suppose the expression pedal on the Yamaha and Behringer put them to ahead but I am a midi noob.

I want to just easily change patches and turn delay on and off possibly for both vocals and guitar at different times (both plugged into the axe) although I have not explored this as yet.

Which of these is the easiest to program and which matches my needs best?

btw its good to be back :D

I am wondering this as well. I have some experience with the FCB1010, but not much other than that with MIDI, so the programming of some of the controllers some what frightens me.

I am curious what each one does well and what the pro's vs. cons are of each. I'm not sure if I should get the controller pedals included with the footswitches or just buy foot controllers separately and go that route.

I don't know the feature sets of all of them, but the AFx will learn CC assignments, so it's pretty easy to get things setup to allow switching particular effects in & out. Most pedals will allow that sort of thing. I know the FCB does (and many posts in this subforum document using it with the AFx).

A lot of the built-in versus separate controller pedals thing is a personal choice. Sometimes separate means you can cram everything in one rack. Feel is another thing, which is something you'd have to try out yourself to know.

i'm waiting right now for my Ground Control. for me, it was the winner, after reading lots of reviews, here too. it is sturdy, it is(suposed to be) the easiest to set up with your stuff and midi learning.

as far as i know, the FCB does the "stompbox" thing only with the uno chip.

The midi-mate is capable of the stompbox thing. I am pretty stupid on this and with the youtube tutorial on this section I figured it out. You can have immediate access to 4 sequential patches at once (and up to 128 I think total), and within each patch have on/off control of 5 different blocks on the Axe Fx.switch patches. It is a nice low end option till Fractal's version is available. And yes, the no expression pedal is a limitation, but I notice the Fractal 101 does not have one either, so I have been considering a Boss FV-500H that I could use with the midimate, and then carry over to the Fractal 101 when it is available.

so the midi mate seems like a viable option then with the extra pedal although I would rather just have it in one package.

I think you can guess what my next question is -- is the Yamaha capable of the stompbox type switching?

Edit: If it helps here is the manual http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/p ... 700759.pdf -- I would check it myself but I dont have a clue what I would be looking for (dreading having to program this thing hehe).

jiagap said:
The midi-mate is capable of the stompbox thing.... You can have immediate access to 4 sequential patches at once

After patches 1-4, you have immediate access to 5 patches, ie, 5-9, etc.

+1 for the Ground Control Pro...nice price, solid construction, easy to use/program...I love it

can anyone let me about the yamaha?

Yes!! Yamaha works very well in the stompbox mode. You can assign 5 stompboxes for each program, and can assign the expression pedal for control off wah, whammy, volume, etc.

Has 2 modes, Normal or mix. In the normal mode only can access 10 button patches, in the mix mode the 5 top buttons can be set for stompboxes and the other for change presets.

I was so happy when I hooked up my midimate to the AXE that i could simply plug in the power supply of the Rocktron straight into the axe's back and get the phantom power guided to the controller 8)

Raf

Back
Top Bottom