FINALLY!!!! A solution to the age old FRFR issue of....

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
...'amp in the room' sound and feel!

Yes, we solved that problem with an FRFR cab that is indeed open backed. We believe this is the very first of its kind in the market place. There are plenty of ported cabs but none that I am aware of that are 'ported' on the rear of the cab... but these ports are so large that the cab might as well be considered to be open backed.

This cab is designed specifically to provide a backline solution for those guys who are looking for something along these lines.

Sound... this thing just fills up a room with wide and even dispersion and seems to be everywhere! Tight and punchy bottom end and plenty of clarity. According to the customer this thing sounds and feels like an amp in the room!

Some pictures:

Classic, amp styled "salt and pepper" grille cloth with white piping
302AB11D-6330-4858-821B-46FA110B8820_zpsjzuss0kd.jpg

With a recessed handle on top:
2D5548D2-09CC-4776-ACBB-2656DCA77810_zpsoyahq85a.jpg

And finally, the backside:
52306AFA-CBF3-4735-8F4A-9FDEB779942A_zpssubsc3qz.jpg

Plenty of power on board with a Matrix GM100 module... sans graphics at the moment... will be adding those a bit later after I get some face plate changes finalized.

Size is 20" x 20" by about 11.5" deep I think. Weight is a tick over 40lbs soaking wet. :)

There are already 2 other versions of this cab under development... the combo amp style with rack spaces (with metal grille) that I do will work perfectly in this format and I am also working on a 10" driver version. Both of those will be finished in short order with photos to follow of course.

The customer sent me a little clip of this thing in action...

Axe-FxII with the Divide by 13 CJ model with customer created IR mix of a 3rd Power 2x12 and 112 Switchback cabs.

Oh, did I mention that the Matrix amp has 9 different operating modes at the moment? Different roll-offs in the bottom end and also modes to allow for the 12" driver to run in FRFR mode with no tweeter, with two different roll-offs in the top end and also a mode to have the 12" driver be raw....

The amps modes are currently being further developed and may well be reduced to 5 or 7... we'll see... I think 9 might be too many to have to scroll through.

Thanks and as always, comments are welcome!

Mick

Sounds great, man!
Did I say it also looks terrific?
Please keep the tweeter off-mode.

And now for the aching back or lazy bum version: 10" (what you said), poplar, under 30 lbs and smaller - can it be had also (in Europe?)? Looks just like my ticket.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the comments! I really appreciate it!

Hhuent... I'm not exactly sure how close to 30 lbs we'll get with the 10" version but I'll get as close as I can. If not under I hope not more than a pound or two over.

As for shipping to Europe... no issues!

I also forgot to post earlier... for now, the only version available is an active version. We are working on a passive version as well! :)

What are the specs? 2x12? 4x12? Power handling RMS and peak? Active and/or Passive? Looks great and I'm interested, but it will have to compete with the Matrix FR212 at minimum, esp. power handling. Thank you!

Thanks all for the comments! I really appreciate it!

Hhuent... I'm not exactly sure how close to 30 lbs we'll get with the 10" version but I'll get as close as I can. If not under I hope not more than a pound or two over.

As for shipping to Europe... no issues!

I also forgot to post earlier... for now, the only version available is an active version. We are working on a passive version as well! :)
Yeah Mick, go! go! go! - active all the way ;-)). When will they build guitars with built in Axe FX, amp and cab, all inside, under 8 lbs, lol? Keep me posted when the 10" version is available. Any plans yet about the dimensions?

Hey Toopy14!

The price right now is $899 for the 12" version and $859 for the 10" version, plus $39 shipping for either in the US... Probably a little over $100 shipping to Canada.

I'll do my best to keep this pricing as long as I can.

Thanks,

Mick
Hey Mick,

Are you taking orders? If so, where can I place an order...I didn't see it on the website yet.

Thanks,
Derek

What are the specs? 2x12? 4x12? Power handling RMS and peak? Active and/or Passive? Looks great and I'm interested, but it will have to compete with the Matrix FR212 at minimum, esp. power handling. Thank you!

Actives only at the moment... the driver is 250w RMS/500w Program. The amp is right at 225w into 8ohms and 400w into 4ohms.... and yes, I can put in a parallel out on the cab to allow for an extension cab... due to the DSP processing involved not any old passive cab will do unless you use the 12" raw mode... to take advantage of all the amp has to offer you'll have to have another XiTone.

Great design and execution. I love my 1x12. I keep thinking how great it would be to have a powered backline cab... :)

This cab was designed from the very beginning to be a backline only solution and as such, it excels in that role! :)

Yes!!!
Looks awesome!

Thanks David!

Yeah Mick, go! go! go! - active all the way ;-)). When will they build guitars with built in Axe FX, amp and cab, all inside, under 8 lbs, lol? Keep me posted when the 10" version is available. Any plans yet about the dimensions?

Will do.. the 10" version will be roughly 14.5" wide by about 16" tall and maybe 10-11" deep.... weight info to follow.

Hey Mick,

Are you taking orders? If so, where can I place an order...I didn't see it on the website yet.

Thanks,
Derek

Hey Derek!

I'll send you an email shortly.

Thanks!

Actives only at the moment... the driver is 250w RMS/500w Program. The amp is right at 225w into 8ohms and 400w into 4ohms.... and yes, I can put in a parallel out on the cab to allow for an extension cab... due to the DSP processing involved not any old passive cab will do unless you use the 12" raw mode... to take advantage of all the amp has to offer you'll have to have another XiTone.

This cab was designed from the very beginning to be a backline only solution and as such, it excels in that role! :)

Thanks David!

Will do.. the 10" version will be roughly 14.5" wide by about 16" tall and maybe 10-11" deep.... weight info to follow.

Hey Derek!

I'll send you an email shortly.

Thanks!
Great, thanks Mick!

Back
Top Bottom