Filter Block

kwagga

Good day all.

Have a question for the experts and more in the know than I am. saw a post of Mick with regards to his effects and maybe he reads this. metioned having a Filter block set to null in the chain . Is this before or after amp ? When he plays songs like BAD can hear that very full tone to the main riff that I’m missing somehow . See a previous post below .. here is the tone in a soundcloud clip I’m talking about and gets that nasal sound if that makes sense which I can’t emulate. Any help on settings would be much appreciated ..signal chain

the null filter would be used as a volume boost after the amp for solos. typically with the level to about +3 db.

because it's a null filter, it won't have any effect on the tone.

the null filter would be used as a volume boost after the amp for solos. typically with the level to about +3 db.

because it's a null filter, it won't have any effect on the tone.
The block itself does not alter tone (only level) after the amp/cab.
It has an effect on tone when boosting signal into an amp: will add overdrive, distortion, harmonics & so on depending on the setting and type of amp!

Mick Normoyle from Unforgettable Fire U2 tribute band. Wanted to link soundcloud here but cant seem to do that and post.

Attachments

• 962D30C3-B765-428B-9D4D-28C8E1A367A1.jpeg
    962D30C3-B765-428B-9D4D-28C8E1A367A1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom