Fibonacci Sequence Dual Delay - Clean/dirty preset

There was a discussion over on the 'III' thread about using the Fibonacci sequence in music. I took one of my favorite presets and applied it to dual delays, where the delay times and their corresponding decays follow the sequence. It also uses 2 chorus blocks as short delays, so the delay in ms between all four is; 30.9 ms, 50 ms, 81 ms, and 131 ms. The X/Y switch replaces the delays with additional Fibonacci numbers; 212 ms and 343 ms. Let me know what you think.

Scenes 1-4 are clean, 3-4 edge of breakup, and 5-6 are dirt

Also is a "reverse delay" Fibonacci preset where the Fibonacci numbers go in reverse.

Attachments

• reverse fibonacci delay 6 scene.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 34
  • fibonacci delay 6 scenes.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
One more - this one incorporates Fibonacci numbers in the chorus blocks, delay block, and a 4-tap multi delay. Very cool!

Here's the general scheme for using the golden ratio in effects. You don't have to use every number, but just pick some of numbers to use for your time-based effects (flanger, chorus, and delays). I used 50ms as the arbitrary delay time to base the others on, but you could use anything... pick your favorite delay time and go from there. You can set your flanger block to any delay time between 0 - 20 ms, and the chorus block between 0 - 50 ms so use the smaller ms values for those.

1.1 ms
1.7 ms
2.8 ms
4.5 ms
7.3 ms
11.8 ms
19.1 ms
30.9 ms
50 ms
80.9 ms
130.9 ms
211.8 ms
342.7 ms
554.5 ms
897.2 ms
1452 ms
2349 ms

Attachments

• fibonacci sequence 6 scene.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Here's a MP3 sample that I recorded from the last Fibonacci presets that I posted:

This preset uses Fibonacci numbers for the Chorus + 5 Delays... it's a great clean preset: The delays go up to about 1.5 seconds.

I'll try to get samples of the other two presets up soon.

Back
Top Bottom