FET Preamp ("drive" pedal) is nice on cleans

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
I'm late to the game on this one.
Threw it on a bright surf guitar patch and it made it bigger-er, smoothed highs and has a nice light compression. Tweaking EQ on it can help reduce coloration as you increase drive.

Works great on cleans.

Cool tip.

I will give that a shot. I'm in prep for some spring shows and was thinking about a pre comp for my cleans. I might give this approach a whirl instead of a comp. I like some pick controllable grit on my "clean" patches.

For live shows I really use crunch... but I still call it clean :)

Cool tip.

I will give that a shot. I'm in prep for some spring shows and was thinking about a pre comp for my cleans. I might give this approach a whirl instead of a comp. I like some pick controllable grit on my "clean" patches.

For live shows I really use crunch... but I still call it clean :)
I'm liking it on the doubeverb, but not as much on the 65 bassguy. I'm still finding my way around it though. Depends on cab of course.

My surf guitar patch is DR with The Amp Factory 2x10 fender room mix. That's a really good cab. Wish we had a stock UR version of that one or a tremolux 2x10 piggyback cab.

I'm using the Concert 6G12 -> 2x12 Tom's Mix L / R.

Or the Morgan AC20 Bass -> 2x12 Tom's Mix L / R

I believe those IR's are a Vox cab but they work great for me live. It has a real good low mid tone that makes it just big enough for the shows where I am either the only guitar player or the other guitar player is playing acoustic.

The TX CLEAN was my goto clean amp model for a long time but since FW 17.x, I'm coming back to the Fenders and Voxes.

Back
Top Bottom