Fender YJM Strat with DiMarzio HS-3's

Rexgtr

Experienced
I've had this guitar for a few years, bought it used for a good price $1180 and solved a tuning issue by oiling the brass nut.
This past weekend I used a Dremel tool to create more space for the trem block to dive bomb (It was only dropping -7 semitones with factory build)
Now it drops perfectly to and past - one octave on my Low Eb.

Tuning issues? Nada. stays in tune very well. (And I'm a huge fan of FR locking trems)

Realization: when I hooked it up to my Axe FX 2, even turning I/O input sensitivity up to 100% I'm not into red with my heavy picking.
Looked up possibly installing a clean boost in this guitar (EMG Afterburner/PA2) and most reviews I read complained of too much noise for high gain use. Feeling quite stumped, it then hit me. :D
Try using the DOD YJM overdrive I had kicking around = bingo! :encouragement:

In a nut shell, to use my YJM strat with AF2 I plug into the DOD boost to bring the levels up because the HS-3 were designed to use that pedal boost.
My other guitars just plug straight in.
I also have a CAE boost I now feel I should keep around in case a need comes up to employ it for future level matching.

Now back to your regularily scheduled FAS forum read time.. :p

I modded my DOD YJM 308 overdrive by doing the following:

I did a 1458 chip mod for lower noise, added a 4P4T foot switch for LED and true bypass, also a 4 pos rotary switch that chooses bass cut, mid cut, treble cut or full frequency boost. This pedal runs fine @ 9VDC or 18VDC for improved headroom.

Funny thing is I've had it for sale for months and now I won't part with it! :p

Back
Top Bottom