Fender Superverb - Crossroad Blues (live)

Very Chris Duarte. LOVE IT!! I can listen to this all day.

Curious if this is FOH, through an FRFR, or power amp and guitar cab? Very clean sound.

Very Chris Duarte. LOVE IT!! I can listen to this all day.

Curious if this is FOH, through an FRFR, or power amp and guitar cab? Very clean sound.

Cheers man - I'm a huge Duarte fan ;)

This was recorded in the audience - I was using an FRFR as backline (QSC K12), and putting some through the FOH (EV ELX112's if I recall correctly) for fill. I go FRFR always.

Cheers man - I'm a huge Duarte fan ;)

This was recorded in the audience - I was using an FRFR as backline (QSC K12), and putting some through the FOH (EV ELX112's if I recall correctly) for fill. I go FRFR always.

Wow, your FRFR set up sounds like an amp in a big room! I dig.

Great Gary and your Strat sounds nice - what string gauge and ir you using - I've got a Strat since 4 weeks and not shure to use 009th or 010th. With my Les Pauls I've gone back to 009th as I got after a few month strong pians in my fingers from bending and vibrato. All my life I actually played 009th ans startet only a year ago with 010th cause there really sound nicer but I can't handle it. On the Strat now the tension seems softer with the 009th as on my Les Pauls - might give it a try - you're a great blues guitarist man :eagerness:

Great Gary and your Strat sounds nice - what string gauge and ir you using - I've got a Strat since 4 weeks and not shure to use 009th or 010th. With my Les Pauls I've gone back to 009th as I got after a few month strong pians in my fingers from bending and vibrato. All my life I actually played 009th ans startet only a year ago with 010th cause there really sound nicer but I can't handle it. On the Strat now the tension seems softer with the 009th as on my Les Pauls - might give it a try - you're a great blues guitarist man :eagerness:

Cheers man! I'm using .010s on both my Strat and Tele these days. I used .011s for the longest time but the .010s are working for me now, and easier on my hands ;) I also tune down a half-step, which helps take a little tension off the strings.

This sounds awesome. Playing and Jam all sound great. What strat are you using?

It's a '93 - I think at the time the model it was called the "Ultra"? Originally a S/S/HB pickup configuration (with Lace Sensors), but I've converted it to all single-coil. I've got Lollar Blackfaces in there now and have been digging them. Guitar has a really nice ebony board that I just love. I also swapped out the roller nut for a ball-bearing one (at the time the roller nut couldn't fit the gauge of strings I was using), and refretted it with the biggest frets I could find (Dunlop 6100s I think?). Helps with bending/vibrato, and I go through frets like you wouldn't believe, so the extra steel gives me some room for a couple re-levels before I've gotta have them ripped out and replaced again.

Cheers man!
Gary

Back
Top Bottom