Fender Super Sonic??

No idea, but if its being looked into: I'd prefer it's predecessor: the Bruce Zinky designed Fender Prosonic with the extra versatility of its switchable rectifier circuits: Tube A, AB or Solid State. LOUD sucker, I had to use it with an attenuator, and the shared tone stack meant choosing whether the clean or lead channel was going to be optimal: this narrowed channel switching choices for live use, though you could get around some of that with pedals. (not a problem with modeling, though). The Supersonic makes good on independent adjustment to both channels. Fantastic lead and crunch with its cascading gain (both Prosonic and Supersonic Lead) but I don't know how different or unique it may be from some of the early Mesa designs which are alleged to be similar. If it's unique enough: it may eventually show up: if not: other amps are close enough, so I'm not pining for one. (I actually sold my Prosonic to fund the AX8 - Do I miss the Prosonic? - sure, but the AX8 is great any time, anywhere at any volume, and the Prosonic needs to be cranked to reveal its riches - and I couldn't often do that.)

The Prosonic clean channel has a hint of Vox in the A mode which I find beautiful and is different from the usual Fender clean. (the Supersonic has a Silverface type clean circuit). Haven't tried the 6v6 version.

Last edited:
The one thing that sticks out for me is the dual gain knobs. Early Mesa amps were based on Fender circuits, so I wouldn't be surprised if the gain channel is kind of based on the Mesa stuff. I might start with the Mark series amps.

Sold my Prosonic to fund my AX8. It was way to loud for what I needed. I feel like I’m getting everything I need from other Fenders and effects in the AX8 but it is always good to have more choices

I still own a Super Sonic 100 amp and while I dearly love this amp and will NEVER get rid of it, I see no reason to model the Vintage channel because it recreates the Showman and Bassman amps which are already covered in the Axe-Fx. I would however like to see the Burn channel added to the Axe-Fx because it not only sounds great, but it also can't be emulated by any other model currently in the Axe-Fx and because It has features I've never seen on any other amp.

I own and use a SS22. 2nd favourite all time amp for me. (VH100R is my favourite)j
I’m about to sell the SS22, so if Fractal modelled the burn channel I’d be super stoked!!

Back
Top Bottom